Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since we received our first Model S when it was first released, we've been helping clients make their S, X, and 3 truly unique and their own. One of the most popular mods we offer is vinyl wrapping, and especially chrome deleting. Chrome deleting is essentially "deleting" all the chrome that's on the exterior of the car and wrapping it in another color vinyl. The most popular option being matte black for a sportier look!

Why Vinyl Wrap instead of Paint?

Vinyl wrap serves as a temporary color change and because of that, it's also not as much as an investment as paint which is permanent. It's a great solution if you want to do something new and fresh without being a major commitment. Paint does look incredibly good though, especially if you're seeking a very specific color that vinyl wrap doesn't offer, like trying to color match another paint color or doing something really custom.

Why Vinyl Wrap instead of Plasti-Dip?

Plasti-Dip is great as it can also serve as a temporary color change. It does tend to have more of a rubbery, texture to it, which isn't always what a client wants. We do recommend plasti-dip for very specific purposes that vinyl wraps have a much harder time doing.

What's the Difference Between Vinyl Wrap and Clearbra/Paint Protection Wrap?

Vinyl wrapping is perfect for changing a color to something else you like, but it doesn't offer the same benefits as clearbras at all. Clearbras are made to protect and show your paint, so they are "suppose" to be clear (some brands are much clearer than others). Clearbras like ClearGuard Nano do much better against rock chips than vinyl wrapping and offer unique properties like hydrophobicity (water beading), deeper gloss shine, and self-healing. Keep in mind these differences so you know exactly what you want.

At the end of the day, it can come down to personal needs as we do use all the above and recommend certain services for certain needs. Just pm me if you want more help.

Hopefully this thread will serve as an idea board for anyone interested!

Reactions: TintDepot.com
I'll start the thread off with a bang! We are grateful to be able to help JW Marriott Houston Downtown with their shuttle X. They wanted to vinyl wrap the entire X in something clean/modern and still be able to act as a moving billboard for their hotel. Now it can be seen downtown driving clients around.
Besides the vinyl wrap, pictures also show Vossen's HC1 custom, forged wheels specifically made for the Model X.
JW Marriot Houston Downtown Tesla Model X-10-X3.jpg
JW Marriot Houston Downtown Tesla Model X-13-X3.jpg
JW Marriot Houston Downtown Tesla Model X-17-X3.jpg
JW Marriot Houston Downtown Tesla Model X-46-X3.jpg

Reactions: TintDepot.com
Here's another fun project we completed. To compliment the sportiness the client wanted to achieve, we wrapped the front T and the chrome underneath it in our special carbon wrap that looks very realistic compared to the typical carbon fiber wraps everyone else uses.
Other awesome mods are the Prior Design body kit, ClearGuard Nano, Photosync window film, and Vossen Forged wheels.

If you're interested in any of these mods, pm me.

EVS Motors Prior Design Vossen Tesla-7-X3.jpg
EVS Motors Prior Design Vossen Tesla-18-X3.jpg
EVS Motors Prior Design Vossen Tesla-25-X3.jpg
EVS Motors Prior Design Vossen Tesla-39-X3.jpg
EVS Motors Prior Design Vossen Tesla-46-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Our client returned for a chrome delete on the S! We paint protected the entire front end, and now we're making the whole car sportier. Here's some progress shots of us wrapping the mirrors and door handles. Some installers only wrap the "face" of the door handles. We wrap through.

We offer different levels of chrome delete packages for S/X, pm me for more details.
DSC09948.JPG
DSC09949.JPG
DSC09952.JPG
DSC09953.JPG
DSC09956.JPG

Last edited:
I'll start the thread off with a bang! We are grateful to be able to help JW Marriott Houston Downtown with their shuttle X. They wanted to vinyl wrap the entire X in something clean/modern and still be able to act as a moving billboard for their hotel. Now it can be seen downtown driving clients around.
Besides the vinyl wrap, pictures also show Vossen's HC1 custom, forged wheels specifically made for the Model X.
View attachment 300625 View attachment 300626 View attachment 300627 View attachment 300628
looks awesome!

• Love
Reactions: EVS Motors
A common question I get a lot about vinyl wrapping is
How long does it last?

If only there was a simple answer! Vinyl is meant to be temporary, so one should think of it as such. Weather and environment play a huge part in it as well. Maintenance plays a big part as well i.e. cleaning off dirt, bird poop, bugs, etc. will help keep the look of the vinyl looking new a lot longer. So there's too many variables to give a solid answer, but a range can be around months to years.

This is a black Model S was done several months back and has held up very well. Took some quick pictures so excuse the outside dust specks. Client does regularly clean his car and it is daily driven.
DSC01173.JPG
DSC01174.JPG
DSC01175.JPG

Brand new Model 3 Performance arrived. We're working on full Photosync film, Clearguard Nano, chrome deletion, and center console wrap.

I'm convinced that brushed black is the way to go for the center console. So modern and sophisticated.
DSC01891.JPG
DSC01893.JPG
DSC01896.JPG
DSC01897.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01892.JPG
    DSC01892.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 73