Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a 3 getting satin black chrome delete on the trim pieces with red T logos. Matches so well with the new Vossen wheels.

Great work! Have you guys ever wrapped the plastic trim on a Model Y? The black matte plastic trim makes the Y look so horrible compared to say the Model 3. I would think either body colored which may be harder to do or a glossy black to match with the shine of the tesla paint.

Reactions: EVS Motors
Great work! Have you guys ever wrapped the plastic trim on a Model Y? The black matte plastic trim makes the Y look so horrible compared to say the Model 3. I would think either body colored which may be harder to do or a glossy black to match with the shine of the tesla paint.

i asked them this same question before in another thread.

they recommend getting it painted as it is tough to match the original paint when wrapping.

i agree with the fender trim...i tried looking for like a glossy carbon fiber cover or something to match the front lip and stuff but all i can find are the fender flares, which i dont want.

Reactions: EVS Motors
i asked them this same question before in another thread.

they recommend getting it painted as it is tough to match the original paint when wrapping.

i agree with the fender trim...i tried looking for like a glossy carbon fiber cover or something to match the front lip and stuff but all i can find are the fender flares, which i dont want.
I think if you can't go body color then maybe glossy black wrap for the trim. I imagine the vinyl might take a beating but maybe like dynoshield ppf on the trim pieces. It would stand up better than vinyl.

Reactions: fredzos
Since it's slightly textured and plastic, vinyl doesn't stick well to it. If it does, you still have to deal with the textured surface. Painting is the best as that'll include smoothing which will make the surface look a lot better. There's a company that makes carbon fiber factory like fender flare replacements, but I don't know how the quality is just yet.

Reactions: fredzos
This color is bonkers lol. Only 1 of 300 ever produced, this is a limited edition color we got to install on a Model Y. If you ever see this rolling around Houston, send some pics. Would love to see how it looks out in the wild.

Also in this new vlog, we install a Startech body kit for a Model 3 with a 3 piece rear spoiler. Most unique spoiler we’ve ever seen!