Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick tip for those looking to get a chrome delete: set the right expectations in the beginning.

Different installers have different methods of chrome deleting your Tesla. Some prefer removing everything, some prefer some removal, and some prefer none at all. Pros and cons to each, but make sure you find the installer that is comfortable with doing it at your requested level. Otherwise, the results may not live up to your expectations.

Here's a 3 we finished up wrapping the crhome in satin black--our most popular color choice. We also tinted all the windows in Photosync for maximum interior comfort.

What a fun project!

This X was originally pearl white, but we wrapped with Satin Guard so it turned into a satin pearl white. Now we went to the other end of the spectrum with satin psychedelic! What a fun color, and what I love about this is that on gloomy days, it's very subtle. The grayish tone takes over. But when the sun's out, all the vibrant colors come out! Subtle and bright all at the same time.

We also did a gloss black chrome delete and installed Brixton Forged RF10 wheels to complete the entire look.

What do you think?

Some pictures of the setup.
i-fnv2LhD-X5.jpg
i-gJhGkgw-X5.jpg
i-rFbqKbq-X5.jpg
i-Wmg5dDn-X5.jpg

This has to be the most popular wrap color for Teslas!
Drastic change going from white and chrome--everything transformed into satin black even the chrome pieces and wheels. Some red accents for a touch of detail, but overall very stealthy. What do you think?

Project starts at ~ 6:18
Walkaround ~ 8:20

When Tesla’s blue just isn’t enough!

Here’s a Y we wrapped in this beautiful matte slate blue metallic. Lighter than Tesla’s blue and has this very nice subdued vibe to it all. Really amazing color especially when the sun hits it. Some of that is definitely thanks to the ceramic coating we put on top to give it that special shine you see, and it helps with making it easier to clean.

What do you think of this color? Would you pick it for your own Tesla?

It's always fun doing Model X vinyl wrap projects, because it seems whatever wrap we use works incredibly well with the shape of the car. Here's the ever so popular satin black with some red accents. Complimentary Vossen HF2 wheels in the same color to tie everything together.

• Funny
Reactions: TwoK4drSi
IMO, every Model 3 should have come with this…

A couple Tesla projects got finished up at the shop in this new vlog. Brand new Y gets the whole car clearbra’d, tinted, and center console wrapped. Protecting the car right when you get it, is a great way to start a fulfilling new ownership experience.

A 3 comes in for a chrome delete and a power trunk upgrade. I wish Tesla would have made this standard or at least given us an option from factory. So convenient being able to a trunk that’ll open/close at the press of a button (or with a wave of a foot!). Best part is that it works with the button on your touchscreen! How cool is that?

~ 3:35 mark for Tesla Model Y - clearbra/ppf, tint, center console wrap, and water beading test

~ 5:50 mark for Tesla Model 3 - chrome delete & power trunk installation/walkthrough

A popular question we get often from clients looking to wrap their cars matte/gloss/satin black often revolves around 3M and Avery and their visual differences (or maybe lack thereof). Here's a brief video where we take a look and compare the different black vinyl wrap samples from both brands and see if there are any visual differences. We also take a look at a third brand that may give these 2 popular brands a run for their money.

The secret to keep that Model Y paint looking clean and glossy all the time. Check out this clip.

Brand new Y came in and we installed some of the most popular services/products Y’s ask for.

Clearbra/PPF - great way to protect your new paint from physical damages like rock chips, scratches and scuffs. Protect a panel, the whole front, or the entire car is entirely up to you and is completely customizable.

High heat blocking tint - this is not your basic $99 tint, but something that’ll actually keep your interior comfortable, lower your battery usage, protect your seats, and maximize range.

Center console vinyl wrap - fun, little way to make your interior a little more unique while keeping fingerprints off the gloss black panels.

Stay tuned until the end to see how this clearbra can CUT DOWN your Model Y cleaning time.

Hey 3 owners looking for vinyl wrap ideas, check out this satin frozen vanilla color we just finished up.

Whether you’re going for something really colorful, or something more subtle like this 3, there’s a perfect color for you. What I really like about this is how much it compliments the new satin black trims from factory. The metallic flakes in the wrap is very similar to the amount found in Tesla’s factory paint, but the flakes are more gold, giving you that classy look. See what you think.

~ 5:45 mark for Model 3 Satin Frozen Vanilla project start

Here’s a popular set of services that new Y owners love getting.

Full car is wrapped in clearbra for ultimate protection against scratches/rock chips, tint on all the windows, center console wrapped in satin black, and ceramic coating on top of the paint for that hydrophobic action. Since it was raining in the video, you can see all the water beading taking effect on the paint, which is really cool. A bit of driving and the water will bead right off.

Satin black is probably the most popular vinyl option for the center console, but brushed black is another great option too. Cool ways to keep those fingerprints off while looking good.

3 owners—what do you think of this wrap color?

We’ve been doing quite a bit of the subtle colors in the wrap spectrum, which has been a nice change of pace. This gray is different enough to where people know something is special about it, but subtle enough to daily drive with. It also will go great with any wheel color we decide to do in the future (coming soon!), as well as carbon fiber accents.

~ 6:57 mark for Satin Gray Model 3 project

This was a fun X project. Hermès inspired color scheme!

We kept with our popular satin black chrome delete but with some an accent color on the logos.

For the T logos and the calipers, we went with a paint matched Hermès orange since the client is a big fan of the brand. Very unique color combo that you don’t see too often.

See what you think!

~4:01 mark start of X project

I'd like to chrome delete in something a bit different. I know a lot of people have done black. Satin, matte and gloss. Some have done dark gray.

I'm thinking black chrome. Hyper black. Something similar to the wheels on a Lexus GS-F Sport or an E39 M5. Gloss, but dark.

Any films in a color like that?

161410587_19-2013-lexus-gs350-f-sport-f-sport-oem-alloy-wheels-.jpg

BMW_E39_style65_m5_wheels-01.jpg

I'd like to chrome delete in something a bit different. I know a lot of people have done black. Satin, matte and gloss. Some have done dark gray.

I'm thinking black chrome. Hyper black. Something similar to the wheels on a Lexus GS-F Sport or an E39 M5. Gloss, but dark.

Any films in a color like that?

View attachment 635645

BMW_E39_style65_m5_wheels-01.jpg

Yes, we can chat on our site about this. www.evsmotors.com. Thanks!

First time wrapping a X in matte army green. Really impressed with how good the color looks with the body lines! Combined with the chrome delete makes this a mean lookin' X. We also install Unplugged coilovers on a Model 3 for those interesting in that!

~0:19 mark start of Model 3 coilovers
~5:09 mark start of Model X project.

Looking for chrome delete color ideas? Check this out. Color shifting vinyl wrap goes from blueish/purple to green. We do a lot of black chrome deletes, so being able to do something different like this is pretty fun!

~ 5:29 mark for the start of the project