Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHROME DELETE

Look better than stock?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
Just finished DIY chrome delete on my Model 3. It turned out great. I used plasti-dip. Start to finish about 5 hours. Cars wet because am washing it now. I did all chrome satin black but took wheel center caps off and then put them back on when done to have a very subtle two tone look. What do you guys think? Also a pic when it had chrome this morning. Will post more when it is light out.
Thanks, Zack
IMG_0965-1.jpeg
IMG_0964-1.jpeg
IMG_0963-1.jpeg
IMG_1985.JPG

looks great! quick question since im thinking of doing this for my white model 3 when i get it. How much would having a shop chrome delete the car and paint the 19" wheels black cost?

Chrome delete i've had quoted from $400 to $1000. Wheels could be powdercoated for ~$1K total or you could buy the black T sportline wheels for $1500

Chrome delete i've had quoted from $400 to $1000. Wheels could be powdercoated for ~$1K total or you could buy the black T sportline wheels for $1500

powder coated wheels should never run more than $500-600
go direct don't go through a shop
chrome delete on 3 should run $450-550 if using a shop
obviously if you can wrap or use plastidip yourself.....lots of savings!

good luck

Reactions: RSFTes
with all the chrome delete i've been seeing. i don't think i've seen anyone do paint yet? Have a shot paint it i mean. With all the quote i've been getting to do chrome delete (which i'm not sure how long will last, or even plastidip), wanted to explore actually having it painted.

with all the chrome delete i've been seeing. i don't think i've seen anyone do paint yet? Have a shot paint it i mean. With all the quote i've been getting to do chrome delete (which i'm not sure how long will last, or even plastidip), wanted to explore actually having it painted.

Vinyl lasts a long time and easy to remove if you decide to change it up. I don't really like plastidip though as the parts I did plastidip have not held up as well as the vinyl

Reactions: amoney805