Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome in side view

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Design Studio, Sig Performance, Wheels, 21 inch performance
[Paint red, Roof pano if you want to see the exact picture I'm looking at]

Looking at that picture, there's a chrome highlighting pattern I've previously observed that is easier to see. More specifically, you have the lights, then the triangle, then the front door handle, then the rear door handle. The spoiler would continue that pattern were it in chrome.

I'm not sure if that means I would rather it in chrome (which might blind people behind me) or not.

On a similar note, the Tesla logo center area and the bolts appear very bright compared to the rest of the wheel. I'm not sure if I like that or not.

Lastly, observing the additional chrome around the windows and below the door a pattern emerge. More specifically, if you set up an image filter that darkened everything but the headlights and those chrome regions you get a straight line along the bottom of the door, a slightly off-parallel line along the doors, a line parallel to that for the windows, and finally the curve along the roofline above the doors. Reminds me of wind-tunnel pictures. I like this effect.