Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome window trim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure I totally I agree with this. While totally blacked-out is probably not going to come stock from a manufacturer, black (or at least dark) rims are definitely an option these days from a lot of manufacturers as they seem more and more popular. (Plus wheel are easy because they can put on at final delivery)
My 2006 BMW 3 series had black window trim. It wasn't an individual option though. BMW actually saved the bright window (and grill slats) for the higher spec'd versions. I liked the black better. The kindey opening of the grill and model decals were the only chrome.

The only substantial chrome on the 3 will be the windows (and the connecting bit on the mirrors) They could certainly have an option for this to be dark, (we've already seen it) I just don't think they will in order to keep configuration options to a minimum.

Plus now most sport options are either blacked out by default or can be had with a package like the Audi black optics package on their S cars.

Jacket earlier in the thread reminds me of Village apparel.
0362.jpg

i would choose this look over the refresh
i guarantee if they were parked side by side the vast majority of on lookers would pick........SNOOPY 4 the win :cool::D
I agree with you. I am not a fan of the Tesla "stache" on the S/X either. In my opinion, the nose on the TM3 is going to be the best looking of the bunch. But, would I turn down an S if the opportunity presented itself? Of course I would take it.