TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chrysler Superbowl Spot - Eastwood

Discussion in 'News' started by Robert.Boston, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

#1 Robert.Boston, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

Yours, maybe. Not mine!

2. Teslawisher

Teslawisher Member

I thought today, wouldn't during the superbowl have been an awesome Tesla commercial. A couple quick clips of Roadster and S describing the all-electric format with modern styling, then going to a pic of the X teaser photo with a message of the X reveal live on Tesla's website on the 9th. Wonder if that would have generated a bunch more interest and deposits for the X.

3. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

By all accounts GM just advertised their SUVs and the Camero. They haven't learnt, have they?

4. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

It is too early to food the channels with Tesla ads. The average US car buyer is not interested in a vehicle that costs >$50k and would be delivered in >14 months.

5. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Agree...the S & X will sell themselves in the short run...think TM should wait (at least) until the "Bluestar" is ready to go...

6. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

The key phrase is "in the short run." A very optimistic scenario is that word-of-mouth and the event-oriented marketing that Tesla has been doing with the Roadster will be enough to sell out the 2013 production; more likely, by mid-summer 2013 Tesla will need to start ramping up the media campaign. Tesla may be pleasantly surprised if the Model S & X "go viral" and demand stays ahead of supply for a good run, but I can't think of any other company that sells $2.5 billion of product (35,000 vehicles/year @ $70,000) without significant marketing spend.