Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrysler Superbowl Spot - Eastwood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought today, wouldn't during the superbowl have been an awesome Tesla commercial. A couple quick clips of Roadster and S describing the all-electric format with modern styling, then going to a pic of the X teaser photo with a message of the X reveal live on Tesla's website on the 9th. Wonder if that would have generated a bunch more interest and deposits for the X.

I thought today, wouldn't during the superbowl have been an awesome Tesla commercial. A couple quick clips of Roadster and S describing the all-electric format with modern styling, then going to a pic of the X teaser photo with a message of the X reveal live on Tesla's website on the 9th. Wonder if that would have generated a bunch more interest and deposits for the X.

It is too early to food the channels with Tesla ads. The average US car buyer is not interested in a vehicle that costs >$50k and would be delivered in >14 months.

Agree...the S & X will sell themselves in the short run...think TM should wait (at least) until the "Bluestar" is ready to go...

The key phrase is "in the short run." A very optimistic scenario is that word-of-mouth and the event-oriented marketing that Tesla has been doing with the Roadster will be enough to sell out the 2013 production; more likely, by mid-summer 2013 Tesla will need to start ramping up the media campaign. Tesla may be pleasantly surprised if the Model S & X "go viral" and demand stays ahead of supply for a good run, but I can't think of any other company that sells $2.5 billion of product (35,000 vehicles/year @ $70,000) without significant marketing spend.