Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Circles on Door Windows When Steaming up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone, I got model 3 in November I wondered if anyone has any experience with some strange circles on their door windows? I originally thought it was no big deal from some grips used in the factory, but I have tried to clean it multiple times with glass cleaner and im not getting anywhere? I have scheduled service now but its not until the end of January!

Appreciate any ideas!!

IMG_4463.jpeg

IMG_4462.jpeg

IMG_4465.jpeg

Hi Everyone, I got model 3 in November I wondered if anyone has any experience with some strange circles on their door windows? I originally thought it was no big deal from some grips used in the factory, but I have tried to clean it multiple times with glass cleaner and im not getting anywhere? I have scheduled service now but its not until the end of January!

Appreciate any ideas!!

View attachment 753413

View attachment 753414

View attachment 753415
Looks like suction cup marks during assembly or could be marks left by UFO’s 😜

Dont get annoyed that tesla should fix it / have a better process?

No. Just about all glass is this way. Not limited to cars (and not unique to Tesla).

I noticed it on my new windows on my home, my shower glass, and even my aquarium (large, had to be moved by suction cups).

Just a slight amount on rubber or fluid leftover used to ensure suction when picking up glass panels that weigh 100s of pounds.

As a previous poster mentioned, you can easily polish them out if it bothers you.

Tim