Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Circuit Electric Chargers going online in Ontario!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Drone Flyer

Feb 22, 2016
Canada
This is at least a start.
Pricey though per charge and the ability to only have one car charge at a time is not good!
But it's better than nothing!

New fast-charge stations in Ontario

Dear member,

The Electric Circuit and the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario are pleased to announce the commissioning of new 400-V fast-charge stations in Kanata (2 DCFC), Nepean (1 DCFC), Rockland (1 DCFC), Kemptville (1 DCFC), Ottawa (1 DCFC) and Cornwall (1 DCFC).

Fast-charging service using CHAdeMO and Combo connectors is available at these locations.

See map:
Terry Fox Park & Ride : 145 Roland Michener, Kanata
Ben Franklin Place : 101 Centrepointe Dr., Nepean
Saint-Hubert – Rockland : 9071 County Road 17, Rockland
Kemptville : 825 Van Buren St., Kemptville
Ottawa, Rue Clarence. – 141, rue Clarence., Ottawa
Saint-Hubert – Cornwall : 705 avenue Brookdale, Cornwall

Fast charging is offered at $17 per hour and billed by the minute. For example, a 20-minute fast-charge costs $5.61, and a 30-minute charge costs $8.50.

We take this opportunity to clarify that one vehicle at a time can use the fast-charge station even if it has two types of connectors.

Visit theelectriccircuit.com for more information.

The Electric Circuit
Phone: 1 855 999-8378
E-mail: [email protected]

logoontario.png

Great, keep it coming.

Don't expect more than 40kW at any given time from this type of station. It's not a demand charge issue, it's a battery voltage issue (at least in Ontario, and in Quebec now that Hydro Quebec has created a new pricing tier for fast charging).

They support 50kW but depending on demand charges, they are usually limited to this threshold. i.e. In QC, they run @ 42kW

All the Circuit Electric stations in Quebec offer the full 125A since April 1st. As previously mentioned, voltage limits in the car will cap you at 40 kW - 48 kW though. At least it's better than the 33 kW -41 kW of two months ago.

I think this thread should be moved to Canadian CHAdeMO charging or New Ontario chargers.

All the Circuit Electric stations in Quebec offer the full 125A since April 1st. As previously mentioned, voltage limits in the car will cap you at 40 kW - 48 kW though. At least it's better than the 33 kW -41 kW of two months ago.

I think this thread should be moved to Canadian CHAdeMO charging or New Ontario chargers.
I disagree about moving the thread. This is more than just charging. It's about the viability of a new charging infrastructure in Ontario whether it be Chademo, CCS, L3, L2 or what have you!

I disagree about moving the thread. This is more than just charging. It's about the viability of a new charging infrastructure in Ontario whether it be Chademo, CCS, L3, L2 or what have you!

That is why there is already an entire thread called "new Ontario chargers." It covers the entire EVCO program (of which these Electric Circuit units are a small part.)