Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

City inspection and solar not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So,
Installers finished getting panels on roof and wiring but were not able to commission the solar inverter and so panels are not working, powerwalls are though. They left and I don’t have any date on when someone will be back to complete. ive chatted with Tesla but they were not much help, said they should have a date for when follow up will be in the next week but no indication of when that may be. I’m wondering if city does the inspection before this, will the system pass inspection? My documents say that initial payment is due after inspection. I am leery of starting paying for a system which isn’t working and want to make sure this gets figured out as fast as possible (as fast as Tesla goes). Just curious what your experiences were.
thanks!
Shelly

I would be surprised if they schedule an inspection for a system that doesn't work. In my multiple install experiences with Tesla they've never tried to schedule an inspection before the system was working. Obviously their processes could change but I find it hard to imagine a situation where the system is not working and can somehow be made to pass an inspection. Definitely don't pay until you have a system that works AND has passed inspection.