Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

City of Anaheim public EV charging station rebate program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Moderator note: the first two posts in this thread were moved from the Anaheim Supercharger thread).

The City of Anaheim has a VERY attractive public EV charging station rebate program which is probably why Tesla is installing them as part of their SuperCharger buildout:

Receive Up to:
  • $5,000 for Public Access Locations
  • $10,000 for Schools, Affordable Housing, and Publicly Accessible DC Fast Plug-in locations
Public Access EV Charger Rebates | Anaheim, CA - Official Website

Anaheim also has their own power company which typically has the lowest kWh rates in SoCal too

Last edited by a moderator:
Anaheim also has their own power company which typically has the lowest kWh rates in SoCal too
I beg to differ. Anaheim Public Utilities has a baseline rate that is very cheap, but it's only for the first 300Kwh a month. They also bundle lots of other fees such as waste collection, street sweeping, ect. My latest electric bill was 232 dollars for 800Kwh or .29 cents a Kwh. The price per Kwh increases the more electricity you use. Granted you pay every two months.

I beg to differ. Anaheim Public Utilities has a baseline rate that is very cheap, but it's only for the first 300Kwh a month. They also bundle lots of other fees such as waste collection, street sweeping, ect. My latest electric bill was 232 dollars for 800Kwh or .29 cents a Kwh. The price per Kwh increases the more electricity you use. Granted you pay every two months.

I've sold hundreds of industrial buildings in Orange and Riverside count\ies to businesses who repeatedly state Anaheim Power's commercial utility rates are lower than any other cities. Not sure this applies to residential rates which I'm guessing you're referencing.