Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

City of Vancouver EV Strategy November 15, 2017 Council Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Strategy will be presented to council on November 15. I'm wondering if anyone is wanting to meet up for it and perhaps have a debrief coffee nearby afterwards. You can sign up to speak at the council meeting as well, but you must do that prior to the meeting starting. Then after the presentation you can speak. Perhaps we could appoint someone to speak on behalf of the group and get a consensus on our feedback.

Feel free to PM me for more details.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck and doubeld
If I could offer up some advice to any city as a tourist (ie. money coming into your fine city) my main concerns would be that there are sufficient charging spots available in a geographically dispersed area. What that looks like from a municipal level could vary, but I suspect reducing any sort of existing red tape to install chargers would help.
If they want to support EV drivers, then Level 3 should be the goal. Level 2 chargers should *ONLY* be placed where a driver would spend a minimum of 2 hours. If it's privately funded, then whatever.
I would pay a reasonable amount for L3 charging. (Max $0.50/kWh - that gives a good profit margin)
I would probably NOT pay for L2 charging as I'm probably already paying for a product or a service if I'm parked somewhere for a while (Aquarium, zoo, ski hill, shopping centre, hotel, etc.)

If I could offer up some advice to any city as a tourist (ie. money coming into your fine city) my main concerns would be that there are sufficient charging spots available in a geographically dispersed area. What that looks like from a municipal level could vary, but I suspect reducing any sort of existing red tape to install chargers would help.
If they want to support EV drivers, then Level 3 should be the goal. Level 2 chargers should *ONLY* be placed where a driver would spend a minimum of 2 hours. If it's privately funded, then whatever.
I would pay a reasonable amount for L3 charging. (Max $0.50/kWh - that gives a good profit margin)
I would probably NOT pay for L2 charging as I'm probably already paying for a product or a service if I'm parked somewhere for a while (Aquarium, zoo, ski hill, shopping centre, hotel, etc.)
Thanks. Very good input. And yet you make Greenlots $ 0.35/kWh for Level 3 in Merritt look like a bargain. ;)

I've been thinking about an Electric Avenue like Portland Oregon with at least a few Level 3 near Robson Square (central downtown) and you help that case! :)

Having alternating L2/L3 chargers in certain locations might not be a terrible idea. Like a shopping mall or whatever. If someone desperately needs a charge to get to the next L3 or final destination, they can pay the $10 or whatever. If you're just a local user shopping for an hour or visiting the aquarium or hockey game, that's enough to get home.