TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

"city safe" mode. Would be a cool feature to borrow from Volvo

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by angelman, Jul 19, 2018.

1. angelman

angelman Member

Maybe model3 does this but I think not. Volvo has a great "city safe" feature which theoretically makes it very difficult to crash the car into anything at low speeds. If it senses an imminent collission at low speed <30mph it slams on the brakes. It only happens in cases where it really senses that something bad is going to happen. We never had any false positives but it has saved my wife a couple of times. Of course if you are driving with AP on then it's moot, but having this running in the background always on could add an extra layer of safety and peace of mind.

2. TT97

TT97 Active Member

3. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode

The technology of Volvo's city safe mode is pretty amazing.... by making the car so boring to drive, they reduce accidents by 50% compared to Tesla.

• Funny x 3
  4. angelman

angelman Member

So theoretically if I was to accidentally drive my car into a wall say when parking or rear end the car in front in traffic at low speed, it would prevent me from doing so? I am not saying I intend on doing any of these things (I haven't had an accident of any kind in 25 years of driving). The wife on the other hand...

5. angelman

angelman Member

Haha, well compared to the Model 3 my V60 is quite boring but it's plenty perky enough for day to day. Modern volvos are very different from the older brethren.

6. Tes La Ferrari

LOL