Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"city safe" mode. Would be a cool feature to borrow from Volvo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe model3 does this but I think not. Volvo has a great "city safe" feature which theoretically makes it very difficult to crash the car into anything at low speeds. If it senses an imminent collission at low speed <30mph it slams on the brakes. It only happens in cases where it really senses that something bad is going to happen. We never had any false positives but it has saved my wife a couple of times. Of course if you are driving with AP on then it's moot, but having this running in the background always on could add an extra layer of safety and peace of mind.

Maybe model3 does this but I think not. Volvo has a great "city safe" feature which theoretically makes it very difficult to crash the car into anything at low speeds. If it senses an imminent collission at low speed <30mph it slams on the brakes. It only happens in cases where it really senses that something bad is going to happen. We never had any false positives but it has saved my wife a couple of times. Of course if you are driving with AP on then it's moot, but having this running in the background always on could add an extra layer of safety and peace of mind.

The technology of Volvo's city safe mode is pretty amazing.... by making the car so boring to drive, they reduce accidents by 50% compared to Tesla.

So theoretically if I was to accidentally drive my car into a wall say when parking or rear end the car in front in traffic at low speed, it would prevent me from doing so? I am not saying I intend on doing any of these things (I haven't had an accident of any kind in 25 years of driving). The wife on the other hand...