TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Civil Disturbance at the Westfield by the Culver City Superchargers (1/7/2017)

Discussion in 'California' started by AEdennis, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

• Disagree x 2
  2. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Please respect TMC Forum rules and do not create posts that do nothing more than lead viewers to your own blog, etc. Your post provided no information whatsoever other than two meaningless photographs.

• Like x 5
    • Disagree x 1
  3. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Apologies.

There were apparently some teenagers that had been causing a panic and fighting at the parking structure adjacent to the chargers. And other reports. All this happened while I was parked head in and behind me and I would never have known had I not stepped out to head toward Starbucks.

That particular part of the mall is usually more populated at that time of day and I thought to share with others who may have gone by that supercharger last week and not think anything of what was happening when they stopped by for a charge.

• Informative x 1
  4. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

5. SubSolar

SubSolar Member

Rats, thought the boys in blue were cracking down hard on ICEing.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. Tam

Tam Active Member

What are you suggesting? Should there be Superchargers at shopping malls due to teenagers?

7. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Or that all the Teslas queued up for the Superchargers were hooligans cruising the mall parking lot on the weekend and tying up traffic flow for shoppers. :)

8. kort677

kort677 Active Member

this type of incident is becoming part of everyday life in many places. either you'll need to avoid places like this or just learn to how to spot potential issues and get away from them.

• Like x 1
  9. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I was engrossed in reading my iPad and didn't look behind me until I decided to go to Starbucks. Culver City is a pretty safe place and apparently these "pop up" fights have been going on at malls across the country. So, I don't really know the fix, except to take a break and look around more often.

10. Piney999

Piney999 Member

Am I the only person that thinks SuperChargers belong in rural places only? If they are meant for cross country travel, the last thing I want to do while traveling cross country is fight mall traffic.

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  11. roblab

roblab Active Member

You are not the only one!

• Like x 1
  12. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

The cluster around LAX is there for people from other places to get to/from LAX, as well as long distance travel up and down the coast. Los Angeles is BIG, if there weren't superchargers in that area, it would pretty much cut off San Diego.

• Like x 2