Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clarification on charging to 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I heard that current China LFP MYs were all LR rear motor. Could be they are not being shipped to USA/CA yet.
In any event when they appear in NA it will be a milestone.
--
No, there is no such thing as LR RWD. Ask the thousands of people who had $2500 reservations for those and had orders canceled because Tesla decided to not make that model.

China LFP MY is just plain RWD. Tesla has removed SR and SR+ from all models and just calls them RWD.

Note that the 326 mile range is the GB driving cycle which I think is now the CLTC.
1648855063088.png

Divide WLTP by 1.12 to get approx epa. Based on the above chart, 525 cltc becomes 410 wltp which becomes 366 epa. Kilometers. Convert to miles is 227.

I had my first 100 percent charge yesterday. I had noticed I had lost 3 miles in range, so I charged it to 100 to see what would happen. Didn't get the range back. However last night when I charged it back to 90 I gained back 2 of the 3 miles I lost.
Leaving your car with sentry off at different states of charge can help recalibrate the battery, which is what probably happened here.

Reactions: Undecided_2