TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

clarify

Discussion in 'Model X' started by jerseygirl18, Sep 28, 2019.

1. jerseygirl18

jerseygirl18 jersey girl

we have a MX 2019 Raven with autopilot ( which i believe only offers lane centering. now.?)......we did not purchase FSD....when 10. is sent our way....what exactly should we expect to receive? Netflix? Summons?
    I think i understand that “enhanced AP” is designating older models that came with a modified/ earlier version of FSD. i believe ours says we have AP1? (not entirely sure...not where car is located)
    any knowledge on this subject will be appreciated...so many name changes & different varieties remains confusing
    thanks in advance

2. jerseygirl18

jerseygirl18 jersey girl

HOW OFTEN DOES THIS HAPPEN?
    i googled the AP issue and now feel i’m informed....however, wondering if for regular stop & go driving if the new capabilities are worth it for us to purchase FSD. we rarely take trips, but will take a 30 min drive to airport on turnpike frequently. i recently tried the auto steering on an interstate thru the city....i prefer to drive a bit more aggressively than one can do with it on...So, do we think the extra $5,000 is worth it for us?

3. RoBoRaT

RoBoRaT Zero Farts Given!

You should ask for trial period for FSD and experience NoAP, Auto Lane Change, Auto Park and Smart Summon.

Tesla offered 30 day trial, like when I bought my Model 3 few months ago.

I think the trial will give you a better idea if FSD is worth $6K as its stands now.

BTW, this link will explain who gets what at Version 10: Introducing Software Version 10.0

And this will clarify what features are in AP (Auto Pilot) and/or FSD $6K:

Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

4. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Can you form more accurate subject titles? You repeatedly make non-sensical ones and this makes people not want to read your threads/post. HTH

• Like x 5
  5. GalaxySurfer

GalaxySurfer Life, The Universe and Everything.

I dont think raven models come with less than AP2.5

• Like x 1
  6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

No car made in 2019 has less than 2.5, correct. No car made in 2018 also has less than 2.5.

2.5 started in September 2017.

Yeah, a bit of editing before posting Is appreciated by those that are trying to assist.