Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Class Action Lawsuit - Model S - Auto Present Door Handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately Tesla has demonstrated the opposite. Consider that a large number of people are pissed over FSD, does Tesla care? Do you see a lawsuit?

I sympathize, but Tesla makes cars for “early adopters” which means people willing to tolerate shortcomings in order to get something new first. Note also that Tesla labels a lot of things as “beta” which in strictly a CYA move.

Elon is always looking to the next thing and seems to leave a trail on incompleteness.
Agreed

For those of you who contacted me to express an interest in joining the lawsuit, I hate to say, but also glad to say, Tesla basically took care of me with minimal grief after raising an initial stink. This is the second time I've considered a lawsuit regarding the issue of unreliable door handles. They know they have issues and they are trained to respond accordingly. I'm not the type of person that simply let's things go by throwing $$$ (meaning giving in by paying the cost Tesla charges). Ultimately, if you can properly "prove" that Tesla is in the wrong, they will take care of you. Just depends on your level of tolerance. My tolerance level is low and I would have simply filed suite than to engage in back and forth negotiations while my car is in the shop. I know, I know, most of you probably think filing a lawsuit/class action is a waste of time, money, and a big headache and you are probably right. I simply don't have time and the tolerance for this sort of thing.

In the end, it is always better to resolve the issue rather than go legal and they know this. They will never volunteer a free or substantially reduced cost to fix the problem. Also, for all the Tesla fans, myself included what @ATPMSD said above is right about Elon. To expand on the "lack of completeness" comment, Elon has obviously had much success and has made serious progress towards accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy, but the customers that have made his success should be treated with utmost respect, and I'm not sure that enough focus and formalization with regard to keeping the customer satisfied, and getting to a high standard of quality control has been achieved. Of course, I have extreme early versions of the Model S, Model X, and Model 3 and I am hopeful that the quality control issues have been substantially addressed. I'm not encouraged about what I've seen regarding the unreliable door handle problem persisting in the late versions of Model S.

Bottom line, I'm not happy that there are 4 looming, ticking timebombs in my car with regard to each of my door handles. While the short term problem has been resolved for me, I don't believe that this issue has been addressed in the long run by Tesla. I'm encouraged by some that have experienced little problem with the door handles. But the reality for me and many, many other Model S owners is that we have been burdened with having to take time and money to deal with unreliable door handles that should reliably do the simple task of opening a door. For now, my problem has been resolved and I do not intend on pursuing this further.