Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Classes for driving Model S in HK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the Model S is a wide car and HK has narrow roads / car parks, does anyone know of a driving course that helps to enhance existing driving skills? I'm looking for something that goes beyond just getting a license but more of a skill enhancement course (navigating tight turns, etc).

Thanks!

All the driving schools like HK School of Motoring, Lee Kin, etc have driver improvement courses with 1 on 1 sessions.. You can specifically tell the instructor on what you need to improve on and they can help give tips and suggestions.... of course, the quality will depend on the instructor.. ymmv

Every car has its own driving characteristics that is a function of its footprint, wheelbase, steering set up, etc. My experience with driving class is that it does help and offer some useful tips on general driving, but it's not a substitute for spending time driving around in a MX (speaking from my own experience after paying for a fair share of $$$ to re-spray the "rim rash" in the various cars, which I've driven).

Before I picked up my MS and knowing it's a "fatty", I formed a casual habit of observing how a wide car (RR / LR / Lambo models and Panamera are my favoured) driving in front of me would take a narrow corner / pass and their driving path. This observation was proven pretty useful when I started driving MS.

Good luck!