Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Classic cars that are restored with all the technology a Tesla: any interest?

Any interest in classic cars that are restored with all the technology of a Tesla?

• Yes

Votes: 51 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been a while, I've been very busy with this project, 80s era RSR 911 Porsche Lime Rock Park racer. We just did our first test spin up of the tesla motor at 180volts, hit 15,000 RPM on the lift. #P85DPorsche.
Saving classic cars for week-end [cars & coffee] drives seems the opposite end of "racing electrics".
Racing electrics is starting - Pikes Peak; drag strip; any salt flat speed records yet?; Formula E (seems pretty boring so far); dirt bikes?; has the Tesla GT started?

Anyway, having fun would seem a key factor - enjoy your journey.

Attachments

• 20181106_141653.jpg
    20181106_141653.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 158
Yes, there is a solod supply of motors from salvaged Teslas. The motor market is emerging. WARP just started offering a relatively powerful ac motor, rimac has an excellent driveline, but it seems like Porsche has sunken their teeth into Rimac.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
Home
OUR VISION: THE "AGE OF LIGHT"
Age-of-light-charging.JPG

The Age of Light is the fast-approaching era of abundance, when all our energy needs will come directly from the sun, stored for us to use freely day and night.

This low-cost clean energy will allow us to improve life for many around the world, especially for those in developing nations where energy today is a luxury. This is indeed an Electric Global Transformation that brings clean city air, slowing global warming, and energy independence.

OUR MISSION: TO EXCITE AND INSPIRE ABOUT OUR FUTURE
Electric GT is a new all-electric global sports event platform which celebrates this Global Transformation - the transformation to sustainable transport and clean energy. We organize events designed to inspire all generations, festivals of human ingenuity and creativity, of our desire and will to make things better, and our desire to enjoy life.

Being the first all-electric circuit racing event in the world, each Electric GT race weekend will showcase emerging innovations and pioneering ideas in parallel to the wheel-to-wheel racing on some of the best race tracks around the world.

The main Electric Production Car Series (EPCS), featuring race-prepared versions of the fastest, most powerful electric cars on offer, will be supported by the Electric GT eKarting and eSports series, both providing new drivers a stepping stone to the best all-electric motorsport.

From the starting lights on the track to the pulsating lights at the after party, every element of each race weekend will be powered by sustainable energy.

Combining great motorsport and a Mediterranean party atmosphere with open worldwide streaming to any smartphone, Electric GT ushers in a new age of exciting and inclusive motorsport

Saving classic cars for week-end [cars & coffee] drives seems the opposite end of "racing electrics".
Racing electrics is starting - Pikes Peak; drag strip; any salt flat speed records yet?; Formula E (seems pretty boring so far); dirt bikes?; has the Tesla GT started?

You mean a race car like this?

Attachments

• Message_1545235244001.jpg
    Message_1545235244001.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 127

The tesla series is having problems. The tesla batteries are no good for racing, I hear they are derating in less that 10 laps.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
We are ready to start tuning our P85D rear drive unit installed in the 86 Porsche RSR Racer. It has been a great project and should be a lot of fun to take around the track seeing as though it has gobs more power than any Porsche engine ever put to a 911 chassis.

Attachments

• 20190211_130319.jpg
    20190211_130319.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 106
I am working with some partners to develop tesla conversions, it's early, but we have the right people to make it happen, even talking about developing improvements on stock tesla components. I'm relatively new here, trying to educate myself on the brand and the issues that require technology or service, that arent being dealt with by tesla.
I just started researching this subject and came across this site. I see that the comments are a few years old as well. Curious on your progress and what you have come up with.

I just started researching this subject and came across this site. I see that the comments are a few years old as well. Curious on your progress and what you have come up with.
I'd suggest going to https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=munrolive
and watch "Tesla vehicle videos" --- you'll learn.
And for potential problems check out Rich Rebuilds - salvaged Tesla can be problematic.

Another Porsche: Tesla-Powered Porsche 944 Proves That Electric Restomods Don't Have To Be Heavy | Carscoops

Many 944 Turbo owners look for more power and in this particular case, it comes in the form of a Tesla Small Drive unit and a 48 kWh battery pack. It delivers 300-horsepower (220 kW) to the rear wheels instantly with no need to wait for a turbo to spool up. What’s perhaps even more shocking is that the team at Electric Classic Cars managed to keep the total weight of the car nearly identical to the original figure.

FKxDW28WUAQraMM

• Love
Reactions: smogne41 and Brando