Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Classic MS (MS1) Jump Terminal Fuse (Where?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

As per topic, I am looking for the location of the Jump Terminal Fuse.
Does anyone know the location of it?

I was hoping to attach a wireless EV horn onto it and found that it does not provide power, so I am suspecting that it's fuse maybe blown.

I have searched and searched... and I seem to only be able to find out that it's 50A but no location.

So if anyone is able to point me in the right direction or even photos of where it is... it'd be great!

Many thanks in advance!

I recall that the 50A fuse is mounted directly on top of the 12V battery... Fuse F83, Jump post as shown below. :cool:

upload_2020-1-9_21-58-47.png

Reactions: Exiom
I recall that the 50A fuse is mounted directly on top of the 12V battery... Fuse F83, Jump post as shown below.
His car is RHD, the fuse is mounted on the side of battery holder on the passenger side of the car, got to take the battery & holder out to get to the fuses, mine(RHD) is also blown(from connecting up a battery charger to the posts) so I bypass it, to hard to get the holder out.

Reactions: Exiom
so I bypass it, too hard to get the holder out.
Can you elaborate on bypass? Because I am trying to get some power in the frunk and I was hoping I dont have to tap directly off the battery as it does seem very troublesome to access for RHD cars as the positive terminal seems to be on the inside (I am guessing LHD->RHD they didn't flip it around) and accessing it means you have to remove the aircon filter airbox and the top trim which means also removing the wipers...

and accessing it means you have to remove the aircon filter airbox and the top trim which means also removing the wipers...
Yes, I removed the aircond box, didn't removed the wipers, had dead MCU at the time, couldn't put the wipers into service mode, was able to get the battery out. Ran a 6mm wire from the battery to the + post behind the nosecone.