Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Air Vehicle stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A shop that applies Window tint and paint protection film. I would search for window tint in yelp. Not sure where you are in SD but I found this place with good reviews:
Monumental Workx - Kearny Mesa - San Diego, CA

Oh, that's pretty close to home, thanks for the explanation and pointer. There is another one almost exactly halfway between my work and the new service center!

Strider, is it very easy to apply those paint armor bits (with the HOV decals on them) to the car?

I'm not particularly handy :redface: so, can ask the tint shop chap to do it for me if it's a little involved...
I'm sure the shop would be happy to apply them for you but it's not hard to do. You'll need a spray bottle w/ a tiny amount (4-6 drops) of soap (many people use J&J baby shampoo but car wash soap works too) and lots of water. You'll also need a small rubber squeegee. Apply the HOV sticker to the top of the film then cut out around the sticker with a razor blade/knife. You'll want to start w/ the big ones since you'll want them symmetrical. Clean the area where you want the stickers then hose it down w/ the soap solution. Peel the backing off the film while hosing it down w/ the soap solution. As long as it stays wet w/ the soap solution you can do no wrong :) Position the sticker where you think you want it and squeegee a tiny section so it won't slide down the car. Do it again for the other side. If you want to move it peel up that section, hose down w/ soap solution and reposition. Once you're happy w/ the location squeegee all the water out from under the sticker and you're done. It's easier than it sounds. I'm happy to help if you want to visit me on the peninsula (92 and 280) and/or you can borrow my spray bottle and squeegee.

Some links here:
http://www.lamin-x.com/v/vspfiles/files/pdf/CompletePaintInstall.pdf
How to install ventureshield, protection film, paint protection, clear bra, 3m bra 216-4575-9999 - YouTube

If you're looking for a shop I can recommend these guys:
Auto Image Window Tinting - Belmont, CA

They are who I got the film scraps from. After seeing how nice they were to help me out w/ scraps even though I wasn't a customer and reading their yelp reviews I had them tint my Roadster. These are my go-to guys for tinting now.

I do not favor that the Volts got HOV access but at least the stickers are a different color and that segment can be eliminated separately from Pure EVs

My wife drove our Volt over 2000 miles last month and used less than 4 gallons of gas. The Volt is a decent commuter EV for many people, so the HOV stickers make sense for them.

The Prius, on the other hand, not so much...

When we got our "S", several years ago we stumbled onto a source that offered pre-cut film to put under our stickers. Two stickers came off in a car wash, but the DMV replacements have stayed on. Star Shield Solutions Paid $34 in 2014

Not a fan of the red color for the new California car pool lane stickers. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/vr/decal

IMG_6723.JPG