TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Clean Energy Works for Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by W.Petefish, Sep 17, 2012.

1. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

All,

I got this e-mail from Lisa Trope about the Sierra Club's meeting. I'm sorry for the late notice as I -just- got this e-mail. Come if you can.

-W

2. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

All,

I am currently working with the Sierra Club on getting more solar energy into Texas. As some of you know, way back in '05 and again in '07 Texas passed laws mandating increased use of Geothermal and Solar energy. Needless to say, the PUC (Public Utilities Commission) is dragging their feet.

Remember those Blackouts and warnings from ERCOT (Electrical Reliability Council of Texas), these types of energy -if implemented- would have prevented those blackouts and warnings.

I am asking that as many people as possible sign the Sierra Club's petition that is going to the PUC. Middle of October is our deadline. If we get this done it would mean more energy for all. Not to mention creating over 21000 jobs in Texas.

Link to the petition:
    Domain Names, Web Hosting and Online Marketing Services | Network Solutions

Thanks,
    -W

3. garry753

garry753 RoadsterS753 ModelS P1449

Thanks - this has been a huge frustration of mine since moving to Texas.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

It's like I stepped thirty years into the past. I could live with that if it was reflected in the mirror.