Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Energy Works for Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

W.Petefish

Apr 29, 2011
All,

I got this e-mail from Lisa Trope about the Sierra Club's meeting. I'm sorry for the late notice as I -just- got this e-mail. Come if you can.

-W

Hi,

As you read this, Texas is at an energy crossroads. During past summers there have been rolling blackouts throughout Dallas; Energy providers are warning our legislators of looming blackouts in the coming summers due to high demand and low energy supply. Texans are struggling with energy security and with the preservation of water during the ongoing drought.
Texans are looking for reliable and affordable sources of clean energy. The legislature passed laws to increase renewable energy in Texas. However, high paid industry lobbyists are fighting these already signed laws which has ultimately made the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) not take action to implement them.
The good news is there is a solution. By coupling viable renewable energy resources like solar and geothermal with a proven resource like wind, we can make Texas energy secure, use a fraction of the water of traditional energy sources, and create thousands of high paying, family supporting jobs.
Starting September 12th the Public Utilities Commission has 60 days to act. The commissioners are split and there is one swing vote that we must persuade to make the right decision.
We can bring clean, reliable, and affordable energy to Texas this fall, but we can’t win without YOUR help. The best way to learn more and get involved is to come to our Clean Energy Works for Texas Campaign Kickoff Meeting on September 19th here in Dallas. RSVP right away and bring a friend to:
Sierra Club's Clean Energy Works for Texas
Campaign Kickoff Meeting
Wednesday September 19th, 7:00-8:00pm
Bachman Lake Library
9480 Webb Chapel Dallas, TX 75220

We have a unique opportunity this fall to implement strong energy legislation. In 1999, the PUC supported a law that has made Texas the leader for wind power generation in the nation. We know that Texas can continue to be a leader, and with enough public support we can pressure the PUC to make the right decision for Texas.

So please join us on Wednesday September 19th at 7:00pm. This is the place to learn more about the campaign and how you can really get involved.
RSVP here to let us know you can make it, and bring a friend!

Warm Regards,
Lisa Trope
Field Organizer
Sierra Club Clean Energy Works for Texas Campaign
Dallas, TX
Cell: 301-318-3892
[email protected]

All,

I am currently working with the Sierra Club on getting more solar energy into Texas. As some of you know, way back in '05 and again in '07 Texas passed laws mandating increased use of Geothermal and Solar energy. Needless to say, the PUC (Public Utilities Commission) is dragging their feet.

Remember those Blackouts and warnings from ERCOT (Electrical Reliability Council of Texas), these types of energy -if implemented- would have prevented those blackouts and warnings.

I am asking that as many people as possible sign the Sierra Club's petition that is going to the PUC. Middle of October is our deadline. If we get this done it would mean more energy for all. Not to mention creating over 21000 jobs in Texas.

Link to the petition:
Domain Names, Web Hosting and Online Marketing Services | Network Solutions

Thanks,
-W