Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Interior and Exterior of the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its been almost a week since I got my car and am loving it. How do you guys clean the interior and exterior of the car? I have a dog and she likes to put her nose everywhere lol and I see those marks on the interior glass already? How can I get rid of them? what should I wipe them with? How about cleaning the leather and dashboard?? How about cleaning the exterior between washes? what is safe to use on the paint?

The manual has tips. Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla — interior water and non-detergent soap. For exterior, I am a big fan of the Optimum No Rinse and Opti Seal. The no rinse uses only 2 gallons and works great - I can wash it in the garage with only an outline of drops around the perimeter of the car. The opti seal is amazing also. Get the Big Red Sponge and a bundle of microfiber cloths and go to town.

For the my Tesla Model Y auto glass (inside and out) I only use Invisible Glass in the pump spray bottle. For the outside of the glass I use paper towels for the first pass then a second pass using a clean microfiber cloth so there are no streaks.

Also, Optimum No Rinse (ONR) on a sponge can be used to clean the outside of the windshield, windows, roof and hatch glass.

Meguir's interior detailor and outside Chemical Guys Mr Pink+foam cannon then a wipe and dry. I'll use Mckee's SIO2 boost (once every 3 months) on everything outside glass, trim, sheetmetal. The whole car, glass, trim has been ceramic coated hence the Mckees. Finally Chem Guys VRP for tires.