Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told final review meant the application has been preliminarily approved and it just needed a supervisor to look it over. I was told it could take anywhere from 2-8 weeks before final approval once in the final review stage but ended up being approved after just 7 days. You're close!

After being dishearten after yesterdays call with CVAP and told me my app would go back into queue for approval and will probably be reviewed again in the new year. I accepted the fact and told myself to stop checking the site as my just going to upset myself but I couldnt help it and just checked this morning and HOLY CRAP its APPROVED. I guess all the phone calls and escalation I did yesterday helped, just some tips I've learned from this application is if you ever call and get Adolfo, he was the only one who was willing to listen and escalate me to an income verifier. Good luck everyone

also wondering how long it'll take to have this reflect on the Tesla account as my packet was just applied

i think I read somewhere after I asked it’s applied after you receive a vin number. According to my SA, management has to approve the grant before applying it to your account. I still have yet to receive a VIN or have the grant reflect on my account and it was all sent over mid last week. My account still says I’m in line to receive delivery before the end of the year but now I’m actually getting worried.

• Informative
Reactions: yaya21
also wondering how long it'll take to have this reflect on the Tesla account as my packet was just applied

I got my packet today and I talked to my SA and he told me I could email it to them or I could bring the paper packet day of delivery and they would adjust the payment there and bring a personal check. I emailed it anyways, then got a call from my SA to schedule a delivery on the 24th and I asked about the grant being applied to the account and was told he would apply in now and will text me when it reflects so if I want to do a ACH transfer. He said it should be about an hour. I wouldn’t be worried about the grant not getting applied to your account as I was assured I could even bring it the day of delivery. Hope this helps

I got my packet today and I talked to my SA and he told me I could email it to them or I could bring the paper packet day of delivery and they would adjust the payment there and bring a personal check. I emailed it anyways, then got a call from my SA to schedule a delivery on the 24th and I asked about the grant being applied to the account and was told he would apply in now and will text me when it reflects so if I want to do a ACH transfer. He said it should be about an hour. I wouldn’t be worried about the grant not getting applied to your account as I was assured I could even bring it the day of delivery. Hope this helps

When did you place your order ? I’m not sure who to reach out to regarding why i haven’t received a vin

When did you place your order ? I’m not sure who to reach out to regarding why i haven’t received a vin

I placed my order in October but have been declining vins until this grant approval. Since I placed my order I have been match 5 times. My SA who I placed the order with suggest getting approved for financing to get matched with a vin quicker. So I took the hold of my account this morning and was matched with a vin within an hour. The past vin numbers I been matched with also came within a day or so from taking off the previous holds. I called the delivery center and they have an automated options and there is an option about waiting for a vin.

I placed my order in October but have been declining vins until this grant approval. Since I placed my order I have been match 5 times. My SA who I placed the order with suggest getting approved for financing to get matched with a vin quicker. So I took the hold of my account this morning and was matched with a vin within an hour. The past vin numbers I been matched with also came within a day or so from taking off the previous holds. I called the delivery center and they have an automated options and there is an option about waiting for a vin.

Thank you! I placed an order in October as well and spoke with another representative tonight and looks like i should be getting a vin soon :) I also had golds on my account until recently

Hey guys!

anyone taking delivery soon and does not have a referral code. Please include mine. I took delivery a week ago and missed the free supercharge for a year by a day

Use my referral link to receive 1,000 free Supercharger miles with the purchase and delivery of a new Tesla car, or earn a $100 award after system activation by purchasing or subscribing to solar panels:
Earn Free Supercharging Miles or a $100 Cash Award

• Disagree
Reactions: srk67
Hey guys!

anyone taking delivery soon and does not have a referral code. Please include mine. I took delivery a week ago and missed the free supercharge for a year by a day

Use my referral link to receive 1,000 free Supercharger miles with the purchase and delivery of a new Tesla car, or earn a $100 award after system activation by purchasing or subscribing to solar panels:
Earn Free Supercharging Miles or a $100 Cash Award

Are they not offering the free supercharging for a year if you take delivery by 12/31?! :(

Got approved today!!

Applies: 10/14
Requested additional docs: 12/05
Sent additional docs: 12/21 (this took a while for personal reasons lol)
Confirmed docs: 12/22
Approved: 12/23

I'm pleasantly surprised they approved me so quickly after sending the additional info, and right before the holiday break! Now a little bit of wishful thinking of getting delivery before the year ends haha

Reactions: Slate and yaya21
Well I finally gave up dealing with this horrible cvap bs. I applied oct 8th and they still don’t have a decision and I’m scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow. What a complete waste of my time

I'd try giving them a call to see. Might be some minor issue with your application especially if you've already made it to the final review. Seems like they were powering through apps through October so you never know but seeing as you have pickup tomorrow and if you aren't willing to wait then seems like you got no other option than to forgo the potential of the grant

Just squeaked in!

Applied 10/22
Approved 12/23
Packet delivered 12/24

Looks like they really speeded up to get as many applications processed before the end of the year as possible. Interestingly, the folks on the phone were very nice, but unable to tell me anything about the process other than what’s on the website. I called on 12/23 to ask if there was any chance it might be processed before their holiday shutdown: they couldn’t say. (It was approved the same day.) Once approved, I called to ask when the packet might arrive: they couldn’t say. (It arrived the next morning). I suggest taking a philosophical approach: you file the forms and let fate unfold. Thankful that it worked out.

Reactions: yaya21
Well I finally gave up dealing with this horrible cvap bs. I applied oct 8th and they still don’t have a decision and I’m scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow. What a complete waste of my time

I had the same issue as you except worse. I applied on Aug 27 and got approved in December. If 5k makes a huge difference to you, which it should if you qualify for approval, then I’d delay the delivery.