Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my timeframe and HELPFUL tips to prevent others from being delayed with their grant. Frustrating the website doesn't go into more details on requirements:

Submitted 9/18
Missing details request 1 12/7 (replied same day)
Missing details request 2 12/11 (replied 12/14)
Approved and received approval packet 12/23

HELPFUL & MISSING DETAILS:
  • If you submit address verification by using bank statements, make sure that they are from 2 different institutions/banks. Address cannot be verified by using documentation from the same institution/organization.
  • You must have SOME income; you can't have ZERO income.

• Informative
Reactions: Slate
Got approved today!!

Applies: 10/14
Requested additional docs: 12/05
Sent additional docs: 12/21 (this took a while for personal reasons lol)
Confirmed docs: 12/22
Approved: 12/23

I'm pleasantly surprised they approved me so quickly after sending the additional info, and right before the holiday break! Now a little bit of wishful thinking of getting delivery before the year ends haha

^ Update:

Found a car yesterday (12/26) in the inventory that was the exact one I'm waiting for. Ended up ordering that and cancelling my initial order (which I never got a VIN for). I'm set for delivery on 12/30!

^ Update:

Found a car yesterday (12/26) in the inventory that was the exact one I'm waiting for. Ended up ordering that and cancelling my initial order (which I never got a VIN for). I'm set for delivery on 12/30!

Has your grant shown up on your acct yet? My SA said it would show when I had the final price displayed and had a VIN I’m to take delivery the 31st but my grant has yet to show on my acct

Has your grant shown up on your acct yet? My SA said it would show when I had the final price displayed and had a VIN I’m to take delivery the 31st but my grant has yet to show on my acct

Yeah it was applied today (but could have been done earlier if I had just filled out the form correctly lol). I assume it can only be applied until the final price is shown, as they said. But either way they should be able to process it before delivery day and before any dues you have to pay.

I am picking up my tesla tomorrow. My account still doesn't show the CVAP grant. How long does it take to apply the CVAP grant??
Did you send the signed authorization letter to your sales advisor at Tesla? It’s not like the $1500 credit, which gets applied automatically.

Personally, since my authorization package didn’t come through until the day before delivery, I just showed up with them in hand. It took them a few minutes to add it to my transaction and apply the discount, but they did so without batting an eye.

I am picking up my tesla tomorrow. My account still doesn't show the CVAP grant. How long does it take to apply the CVAP grant??

Also getting a home delivery tomorrow at 2am supposedly which is ridiculous, hoping that time changes but my SA said it would apply once final price reflected which it did not so once more I will be bugging the SA about applying it to my account

Yeah it was applied today (but could have been done earlier if I had just filled out the form correctly lol). I assume it can only be applied until the final price is shown, as they said. But either way they should be able to process it before delivery day and before any dues you have to pay.

Do you know where on the acct it shows ? I’ve contacted my SA many times and he never responded. I’m awaiting a home delivery tomorrow

Update: SA says it will show up before delivery but he’s told me many different stories as to when it will show up and given it’s shown up on other account way beforehand I’m starting to worry he’s not going to be applying it. Has anyone who received home delivery been assisted by the delivery person in applying it day of delivery?

Do you know where on the acct it shows ? I’ve contacted my SA many times and he never responded. I’m awaiting a home delivery tomorrow

For me, it’s under Additional Credits where CA Clean Fuel Reward is also under. It took minutes go reflect on my account when the last person who helped me did it.

On another note: I was supposed to take delivery today and heard nothing from the location. -_- Had to call a different number to get another adviser to reach out to them and they claim they would reach out to me soon to schedule something for tomorrow morning. Still haven‘t gotten anything. An adviser confirmed the car is onsite since yesterday so this is really annoying they can‘t even reach out to say there‘s a delay sighhh

For me, it’s under Additional Credits where CA Clean Fuel Reward is also under. It took minutes go reflect on my account when the last person who helped me did it.

On another note: I was supposed to take delivery today and heard nothing from the location. -_- Had to call a different number to get another adviser to reach out to them and they claim they would reach out to me soon to schedule something for tomorrow morning. Still haven‘t gotten anything. An adviser confirmed the car is onsite since yesterday so this is really annoying they can‘t even reach out to say there‘s a delay sighhh

wow that must be irritating, I feel as if they have zero customer service right now. I tried to get my SA to add it and he keeps giving me different stories so I’m super irritated by the lack of help, I’m to have delivery sometime at an unknown time tomorrow :rolleyes: still no update, still no grant reflected....

I just called today and the representative said that they’re still working on October applications and that November applications probably won’t be completed until the end of the month. *big sigh* I’ve had to defer delivery twice now and was planning a road trip at the end of the month.

Wait your income is 6K and you want to buy a Tesla?

They're 23 and a dependent under their parents. Probably a college student applying for CVAP for the parents. No need to be rude about it.

Not sure if dependents should apply, I filled out CVAP as the head of household. I also have college aged kids making $3-5k with their student jobs. @jubilantus, I would suggest having parents/head of household filling out CVAP!

Reactions: yaya21
They're 23 and a dependent under their parents. Probably a college student applying for CVAP for the parents. No need to be rude about it.

Not sure if dependents should apply, I filled out CVAP as the head of household. I also have college aged kids making $3-5k with their student jobs. @jubilantus, I would suggest having parents/head of household filling out CVAP!
Who said I was a rude about it? It was a simple question. Maybe you should check yourself before pointing fingers

As a 23 year old dependent there are better things to do with you money than buy a tesla.

How about pitching the responsible message of investing that money or helping his/her parents out with getting a retirement fund or paying down loans, etc. If you think a family of 3 (living in California) with a gross income of 83K is in a position to buy a tesla then you are out of your mind.

Last edited: