Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Applied 12/16, called them today to ask status and was told told that it was in final review. When I asked the timeframe for this, they said it would be between 2 to 4 weeks. Also confirmed that we have 60 days in which to use the grant.
That’s really frustrating. I was told a couple weeks ago that once the application goes into final review, it should only be 2 to 4 *days*- but based on what other people here have said it sounds like the person you spoke with was being more honest. I’ve received a lot of conflicting information from them.

That’s really frustrating. I was told a couple weeks ago that once the application goes into final review, it should only be 2 to 4 *days*- but based on what other people here have said it sounds like the person you spoke with was being more honest. I’ve received a lot of conflicting information from them.
Don't bother with the "final review" stage. I slept with peace when I had no knowledge on that. Once someone applied a week or two before you gets approved, you know it's coming. Mine got approved in 11 weeks! Just make sure all your info is up to date, so that there won't be any delays!

I emailed them this weekend and got a reply back today. I didn't submit my 2020 tax form (but have it now), they said that their current application time is about 75 days on average, and that if they do require additional documentation, it doesn't mean "I move back to the end of line" so to speak, and that they work on applications needing documentation as they receive it.

I applied on 1/29/21 and recently emailed them about current income verification. When I applied I only had my 2019 Tax returns so I asked if they would need my 2020 tax returns since I had filed after applying. They said

We are currently using 2019 or 2020 federal tax returns. If your 2019 information qualifies you for our program, we will not need your 2020 information.

Unfortunately, due to the health crisis our processing times have been impacted. Applications can take up to 3 months for them to be reviewed.

I emailed them this weekend and got a reply back today. I didn't submit my 2020 tax form (but have it now), they said that their current application time is about 75 days on average, and that if they do require additional documentation, it doesn't mean "I move back to the end of line" so to speak, and that they work on applications needing documentation as they receive it.
Did they request your 2020 tax returns or only the 2019?