Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the CVRP website it says $2000 rebate for Tesla model 3 and Y so I thought that’s the cap even if you are qualified for the $4500? Can anyone confirm this?

I am on the same boat with you that I might just skip the $5k grant as I applied on 3/16 and who know if or when they will have new funding again. I’ve heard some people on here said that it took them about 7 months to have another round of funding last time so I might have to wait for 9-10 months, and the CRVP fund might run out by then. Decision, decision, decision... 🤔
4.5k if you are qualified. my friend got his check two weeks ago. when you do the application for CVRP, it will ask for your income and automatically guide you to the "extra" if your income is below the threshold. CVAP funds ran out but CVRP funds are still available.

Reactions: asenseoftri
Even if you bite the bullet you may have to wait a couple of months to accept delivery anyways as it's the beginning of Q2 and, historically, Tesla does CA deliveries towards the end of the quarter.

I don't have personal experience with it (yet) but if you're in SD county you should look up the preapproval program CVRP has.
if your car is ready, they will bug you every week for your delivery. but..... if you delay it til the last month of the quarter.. then you'll get it last. I got it mid March tho.

4.5k if you are qualified. my friend got his check two weeks ago. when you do the application for CVRP, it will ask for your income and automatically guide you to the "extra" if your income is below the threshold. CVAP funds ran out but CVRP funds are still available.
That is great to know! Thank you so much for clarifying this! I wil probably take this $4.5k rebate and forget about the CVAP as I don’t know when the fund is available again!

Well

I actually just lucked out. I had to fight them to move my application up. They had to get approval to do so. I didn't think it was fair because this was a replacement car, due to issues with a previous grant in which I purchased the i3. I had ordered my car and talked with my delivery rep to try to arrange a delivery time frame. He was very helpful. Although, the standard range did come early, I had my grant approved before then. Great for me since I got to keep the previous grant and apply for a new one at 5k and still get the 1k charging credit or 2k charger installed.

BTW, you have to send your rep the paper work and he will arrange everything with the delivery team. TESLA took the 5k off my purchase price and I paid the difference after the Clean Fuel Reward. You will not get reimbursed. It has to be mailed (the grant) to Tesla directly.

Well the budget is enacted in summer. Newsom proposed 1.5. towards the programs like CVAP. It will get passed. You also know that you can get the Clean Veichle Rebate with the increased rebate of 4,500. I spoke with CVAP because I had applied for my brother. MAKE SURE ALL YOUR PAPERWORK IS IN!!! So that if another grant comes up, they won't have to contact you and can just do an YES OR NO on approval. They will go to the next person while they wait for you to get documents in. Second, she had no numbers on how many grants were approved or the number of what percentage is used. The state asked for those number from them and they are doing a review. I will follow up with those numbers.

We also need to understand that it might be best for all of you to wait because with all the Electric Cars Acts and Green Act talk, you don't want to miss out! By miss out, I meant if you have no tax liability this may be something helpful if its a point of sale discount. The democrats will bring this up since we control the house and senate. Joe Biden is nominating Joe Manchins wife to a top post, I don't think he will be a problem anymore.

I am going to upgrade to long range once it passes. Especially if the Electric Cars Act does with the ability to apply discount at point of sale. Then I will get another Clean Vehicle Increased Rebate (4.5k) and Clean Fuel Reward (1.5k) and 7 (Point of Sale or Tax credit). That will pay for the difference for me.

In short to answer your question, earliest Late summer - early fall (July, August,Sept) from my best estimation, latest winter. It will be this year. Once the budget it passed, it shouldn't take the long to fund once it does, especially since the programs are already up and runnings. This isn't creating a new program where it has to be developed.
Where did you see something about summer? I was told next year

Where did you see something about summer? I was told next year
June 15, The fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30. After its introduction, the Legislature has until June. 15 to pass the budget. Newsom asked for 1.b billion for new EV. The programs are already in place they just have to allocate the money to them. That isn't going to take a full year to implement. I say fall. Where is your info coming from ?

June 15, The fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30. After its introduction, the Legislature has until June. 15 to pass the budget. Newsom asked for 1.b billion for new EV. The programs are already in place they just have to allocate the money to them. That isn't going to take a full year to implement. I say fall. Where is your info coming from ?

I spoke directly with CARB and that’s the info they gave me.

Attachments

• 9D5775F8-4F45-48A5-A27C-CF3C59ED1CA0.jpeg
    9D5775F8-4F45-48A5-A27C-CF3C59ED1CA0.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 74

Important Program Update: The Reservation List is Now at Full Capacity​

Wednesday April 14, 2021​

We’ve received a great response to the program and therefore the Reservation List is at full capacity. A Reservation List was put into effect 3/17/21 because all available funds were awarded or reserved for those who had already applied and those already approved for funding. Unfortunately, we do not expect to receive additional funds until next year due to delays at the legislature, so we are closing the program to new applicants and applicants who are not on the Reservation List as of 4/14/2021.
More information will be emailed to current applicants over the next few weeks. To check if you are on the Reservation List, fill out this status check form. Once you submit the form you will receive an email with information about your application status.
We have limited funding so we cannot guarantee funds will be available for all qualified applicants. If you are on the Reservation List it does not guarantee funds will be available for you. Funds are only guaranteed for applicants who receive an Approval Letter and purchase an eligible vehicle within their eligibility time frame.
Finally, we have not scheduled a date for reopening the CVA Program and we don’t expect to until 2022, so we encourage you to look at other incentive programs
here if you need immediate assistance purchasing a clean vehicle.
Thank you for your support of the CVA Program. If you have additional questions, the best way to reach us is at [email protected].

Just got off the phone with a CVAP representative. She said I did not make the waitlist. Submitted my app on 3/15. She also said I would have to resubmit all my documents and app when they become funded again. Bummer! If it helps anyone out, she said they barely got into adding applications from February to the reservation list before it became full.