Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can buy any Tesla with the grant. I have spoken to CVAP and the approved my purchase. They don't care unless it doesn't meets the criteria set by CVAP and your loan is under 12% interest. I also spoke to Tesla rep this afternoon and they took all my paperwork and the sale is going through.
You can buy any Tesla with the grant. I have spoken to CVAP and the approved my purchase. They don't care unless it doesn't meets the criteria set by CVAP and your loan is under 12% interest. I also spoke to Tesla rep this afternoon and they took all my paperwork and the sale is going through.

Sweet! Please keep us updated once take delivery of your Model Y.

I'm still waiting for my grant approval, its been 2 weeks. How long did it take for you to get approved?

Sweet! Please keep us updated once take delivery of your Model Y.

I'm still waiting for my grant approval, its been 2 weeks. How long did it take for you to get approved?

It took about a month and half to get approved. When I first applied they didn't work with Tesla, so I ended up getting a M3+ with the normal rebates from California. Now that they are working with Tesla. I went all in and sold my ICE truck and ordered a MY AWD with plans to lift it/bigger tires.

If you can give me a heads up when you’re gets approved or if you hear back from them... I’m only (not even really) a week in and I’m impatiently waiting... lol
I've got the approval from CVAP and from Tesla to get the 5k off. Now I'm just waiting for the MY. Tesla texted me and emailed that I am 4-6 weeks away from delivery which is end of Q3. Call CVAP the are the most helpful group I have ever dealt with. They will let you know the status and FYI you have 125 days from approval to get the car because of COVID.

I've got the approval from CVAP and from Tesla to get the 5k off. Now I'm just waiting for the MY. Tesla texted me and emailed that I am 4-6 weeks away from delivery which is end of Q3. Call CVAP the are the most helpful group I have ever dealt with. They will let you know the status and FYI you have 125 days from approval to get the car because of COVID.

Yes, thank you! I’m just impatient from excitement lol. If the timeline is the same as yours, I’m still another 5 weeks away from approval... oh well. Haha

So for everyone questioning if they take the grant for Y or any other Tesla. Today the grant showed up in my account and my amount due went down 5k.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
So for everyone questioning if they take the grant for Y or any other Tesla. Today the grant showed up in my account and my amount due went down 5k.
I too got this grant approved a month back and decided to use on my second model 3. Did you tell your OA about this to get the 5k deduction or do you have to bring the letter in? I still have about a month til delivery.

I too got this grant approved a month back and decided to use on my second model 3. Did you tell your OA about this to get the 5k deduction or do you have to bring the letter in? I still have about a month til delivery.
I emailed my TA and he then forwarded me to someone else who quickly called me. I scanned all the pages and emailed them over. Then never heard anything back. Then today my down payment went down and it showed up in my account.

I emailed my TA and he then forwarded me to someone else who quickly called me. I scanned all the pages and emailed them over. Then never heard anything back. Then today my down payment went down and it showed up in my account.
Thanks again. I think they got faster. I sent it to my SA and he forwarded it to the finance team and it got applied to my account within couple hours.

• Helpful
Hi all, so I got approved letter last Tuesday and on Friday I called and talked to A Tesla Associate regarding about using my CVAP grant. The TA was very helpful and he mentioned that Santa Barbara Tesla was the first time they saw the CVAP grant. So it was a learning curve for both the TA and myself and in the end turned out very well. So I continued to order on Tesla website and went through every step including financing through Tesla and all turned out great. Once I got my reservation number and let the TA know he helped me and was very patient and got all the answers for all the question regarding the CVAP. Once you finish with the purchasing process, sign the CVAP grant portion and scan/email to associate. Afterwards he send it to Tesla Headquarters and Notified me that they will apply it to the balance prior to delivery day. Just in case all of you had questions. One thing to keep in mind is that if you have a referral code Tesla will add 1000 miles of free supercharging. I’m so exited and hope this helps through some who are trying to get the CVAP grant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, so I got approved letter last Tuesday and on Friday I called and talked to A Tesla Associate regarding about using my CVAP grant. The TA was very helpful and he mentioned that Santa Barbara Tesla was the first time they saw the CVAP grant. So it was a learning curve for both the TA and myself and in the end turned out very well. So I continued to order on Tesla website and went through every step including financing through Tesla and all turned out great. Once I got my reservation number and let the TA know he helped me and was very patient and got all the answers for all the question regarding the CVAP. Once you finish with the purchasing process, sign the CVAP grant portion and scan/email to associate. Afterwards he send it to Tesla Headquarters and Notified me that they will apply it to the balance prior to delivery day. Just in case all of you had questions. One thing to keep in mind is that if you have a referral code Tesla will add 1000 miles of free supercharging. I’m so exited and hope this helps through some who are trying to get the CVAP grant.

That’s awesome! Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you submit your application for the grant?

That’s awesome! Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you submit your application for the grant?

So I applied back in mid July but I was just a little impaciente :) so I nicely followed up with email regarding if my application has been revived and that if I need to provide any other information that I will send it ASAP. Also asked about timeframe and the lady at CVAP told me about 3 months. I waited two weeks and emailed again just to follow up on my request and so I got a reply that my application was being reviewed. So I waited another week and followed Up and was notified my application got approved and just to wait on the approval letter my mail but two days after they send me an email with the approval packet and it said due to covid19 they will me emailing approval packets instead of mailing them to help with covid. All in maybe 5-6 weeks for me.

So I applied back in mid July but I was just a little impaciente :) so I nicely followed up with email regarding if my application has been revived and that if I need to provide any other information that I will send it ASAP. Also asked about timeframe and the lady at CVAP told me about 3 months. I waited two weeks and emailed again just to follow up on my request and so I got a reply that my application was being reviewed. So I waited another week and followed Up and was notified my application got approved and just to wait on the approval letter my mail but two days after they send me an email with the approval packet and it said due to covid19 they will me emailing approval packets instead of mailing them to help with covid. All in maybe 5-6 weeks for me.

Perfect! This gets me all excited now haha. I’ll probably email them to ask nicely about the status of my application. I’m only 2 weeks in, but I’m hoping I’ll get approval within 5-6 weeks like you!

Thank you!

Do you show them at CVAP grant at delivery or right after ordering online? Asking because I wanna delay ordering as long as I can just in case they release the RWD Model Y

Do you show them at CVAP grant at delivery or right after ordering online? Asking because I wanna delay ordering as long as I can just in case they release the RWD Model Y

I already placed my order. A Tesla Advisor told me it’s fine to do so and I can just keep delaying my delivery until I get grant approval. Just mention it to them, but you won’t need it until you’re ready to take delivery...

I already placed my order. A Tesla Advisor told me it’s fine to do so and I can just keep delaying my delivery until I get grant approval. Just mention it to them, but you won’t need it until you’re ready to take delivery...

Correct! Also they will deduct from any balance you have prior to delivery for example you will still need to pay tax from the vehicle for example here in California you do, so minus the grant amount all I will need to pay is the balance that’s left over. Just in case you didn’t know. Good luck to all of you hopefully all of you get approve soon.