Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. The local office is still not getting back to me 3-4 days later. I will contact Santana row. Everything is done except this and car.
Do you have a contac
Call Santana Row Tesla - I am monterey county and that's the office I have dealt with for both purchases of my Tesla's. One with CVAP.

Ask for sales - Give them your RN# and ask them to add the CVAP to the acct. Tell them it should show up as an EV incentive. You will need to email them the packet you received via email. You need to fill it out and circle the correct items on said paperwork. Look back through the thread here and you will see how it shows up in your tesla acct. It will a be deduction to your down payment.

You need your loan confirmed FYI under 12% so they can confirm the grant.
How long after you emailed paperwork did down payment show? Thanks for your help.

THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD! I found out about this program a couple of months ago but since Tesla wasn't on their list of approved dealers, I didn't finish the application. Because of this thread, I went ahead and completed my application and my SA confirmed that she has customers that have used it successfully. The only bummer is that I have to defer my delivery which was likely going to be next week (no VIN or date yet, but got the 3-8 day text) until December. Though that may be a blessing in disguise given the $5,000 I will get from this program and that my SA also said she is 90% sure that December MYs will be 2021 model year. That will get me an extra year for the HOV sticker as well. It's also 3 more months for Tesla to iron out fit and finish issues.

Reactions: JK929 and RoBoRaT
THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD! I found out about this program a couple of months ago but since Tesla wasn't on their list of approved dealers, I didn't finish the application. Because of this thread, I went ahead and completed my application and my SA confirmed that she has customers that have used it successfully. The only bummer is that I have to defer my delivery which was likely going to be next week (no VIN or date yet, but got the 3-8 day text) until December. Though that may be a blessing in disguise given the $5,000 I will get from this program and that my SA also said she is 90% sure that December MYs will be 2021 model year. That will get me an extra year for the HOV sticker as well. It's also 3 more months for Tesla to iron out fit and finish issues.

Awesome.

And don't forget CVRP and SCE's rebate if you also qualify.

Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

I had delivery scheduled for today and the grant was removed my account for some reason so they’re asking me to pay the 5k... also the front bumper was damaged so they’re sending it to get replaced which will add an additional week for delivery, Not sure why they removed the grant but I’m trying to get it fixed. I hope everyone else’s orders go smoother than mine ):

• Disagree
Reactions: everydaychris
I had delivery scheduled for today and the grant was removed my account for some reason so they’re asking me to pay the 5k... also the front bumper was damaged so they’re sending it to get replaced which will add an additional week for delivery, Not sure why they removed the grant but I’m trying to get it fixed. I hope everyone else’s orders go smoother than mine ):
Keep us updated interested to see how they handle it. It's been a struggle as the program is so new.

So the VIN just got added to my accountant and in turn the grant was taken off the acct. I am imagining it something to do with the VIN getting added and how new the program is.

Anyone else successfully complete a purchase with the grant yet?

Well my car is ready Sunday but grant does not show on payment. They want me to pay before I get a specific time to pick up. I have turned everything in waiting...called and they are checking it out.
Keep on them. It's the only way. I plan on spending the majority of tomorrow making sure they fix this on my acct. before I pick up my car.

You can pay via personal check on delivery day rather than wire transfer.

Keep on them. It's the only way. I plan on spending the majority of tomorrow making sure they fix this on my acct. before I pick up my car.

You can pay via personal check on delivery day rather than wire transfer.[/QUOTE
Not happy about having to work so hard hopefully easier for others. I will plan on check good idea.

is your pick up soon? Text stated if I can’t pick up by Sunday next shipment is December

Delivery at some point this upcoming week most likely. The issue is it’s a new program and it’s so limited in scope that Tesla hasn’t had much experience with it at the multitude of Tesla service centers. I don’t fault them. I just have to work a bit to get them to figure it out.

Worst case scenario you go on Sunday with all the paper work filled out and have to sit for a bit while they figure it out at the delivery center. I would bring a copy of your signed CVAP letter all pages, print out from Tesla’s own website saying they accept the CVAP grant (google - Tesla incentives by state) its right there under California on their website.

Reactions: Ginaoz
There is no need to panic, it all has its time. I just went through the full process from applying for the grant to Tesla Finance and delivery of my car. When the program had accepted Tesla as approved vendor I applied and not more than 6 weeks was I approved and emailed with approval packet. Until then I placed an order for my Tesla Model 3. For those who already placed an peer for the Car prior to the grant there will an unprecedented feeling of uncertainty. Keep in mind as of now the grant is extended to about 120 days in which there is no need to panic on not being able to get the grant applied to your Tesla account. Tesla pushes towards the end of quarter to deliver as many to close on a strong note. Anyways....when I got approved and spoken to a TA they were very helpful and at the same time a little confused on this new program CVAP. I emailed a copy of the approval CVAP letter to Santa Barbara Tesla in CA and they mentioned they will send to Headquarter for direction. I ordered my Model 3 mid August and there was silence until a week before delivery. The week before TA called me to update me on my delivery and that Tesla has Mentioned once I get a VIN number they can apply the grant. The day before my car was delivered I got a text message from TA and took me online to schedule delivery time and date. Shortly after Tesla called me and mentioned that once I get there they will make sure the grants got approved before u paid the remaining balance on my account (ca sales Tax not included in Tesla Finance). It was a Sunday morning that I had my puck up appointment and when I got there it only took about 10 min for Tesla to apply the $5000 grant to the balance. Then I paid my portion and then all the excitement kicked in and it was a quick 15 translation to my new car. Just couple signatures and a inspection for any defaults and then k was given the go ahead and be on my Mary way. Over all it was the most pleasant experience on purchasing a vehicle from anywhere.... no one hassles you for anything and Tesla made the buying experience as simple as buying a phone online. All I can say is patience to all because it will pay off. Good luck

There is no need to panic, it all has its time. I just went through the full process from applying for the grant to Tesla Finance and delivery of my car. When the program had accepted Tesla as approved vendor I applied and not more than 6 weeks was I approved and emailed with approval packet. Until then I placed an order for my Tesla Model 3. For those who already placed an peer for the Car prior to the grant there will an unprecedented feeling of uncertainty. Keep in mind as of now the grant is extended to about 120 days in which there is no need to panic on not being able to get the grant applied to your Tesla account. Tesla pushes towards the end of quarter to deliver as many to close on a strong note. Anyways....when I got approved and spoken to a TA they were very helpful and at the same time a little confused on this new program CVAP. I emailed a copy of the approval CVAP letter to Santa Barbara Tesla in CA and they mentioned they will send to Headquarter for direction. I ordered my Model 3 mid August and there was silence until a week before delivery. The week before TA called me to update me on my delivery and that Tesla has Mentioned once I get a VIN number they can apply the grant. The day before my car was delivered I got a text message from TA and took me online to schedule delivery time and date. Shortly after Tesla called me and mentioned that once I get there they will make sure the grants got approved before u paid the remaining balance on my account (ca sales Tax not included in Tesla Finance). It was a Sunday morning that I had my puck up appointment and when I got there it only took about 10 min for Tesla to apply the $5000 grant to the balance. Then I paid my portion and then all the excitement kicked in and it was a quick 15 translation to my new car. Just couple signatures and a inspection for any defaults and then k was given the go ahead and be on my Mary way. Over all it was the most pleasant experience on purchasing a vehicle from anywhere.... no one hassles you for anything and Tesla made the buying experience as simple as buying a phone online. All I can say is patience to all because it will pay off. Good luck

Congrats
When did you apply CVAP?

I applied August 1st, just one week after you. I'm still waiting for that... weird..
It could have to do with the documentation that was submitted. I wonder if some people submit various forms of documentation and that could be what prolongs or speeds up the process of verification for them. What’s interesting is that they state on their website they can’t check with IRS due to COVID but I wonder if that means they are only using applicant submitted documents. And how would they “verify”. Anyway, just thinking out loud. It would be nice if there was a more specific timeline but it’s free money so I guess we can’t get too picky. Please let us know when you hear back. i applied September 1st so your August 1st makes me worry it’s going to be much longer for me.