Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be a dumb question but.... Can you still have a cosigner if you use the grant?
I applied 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I'm approved around January 15th.

Should I order my tesla now? and just push back the delivery date if the grant isn't approved yet?

My grant took about 70 days to be approved. I’m sure they got a huge surge of apps submitted since the new $1,500 rebate. If approval time frame is unchanged you may be looking the end of January to receive your approval packet.
The way Tesla has been doing things with California delivery’s if you order in January you could be looking at a March delivery.
That being said, it doesn’t hurt to order now and reject a vin/delay delivery.

I'm on day 85, applied back Sept 8th. Called a couple of days ago and was also told "final stages of review, give it 2-3 weeks". I said that's past the 90 days deadline posted and they responded "we're working on our website to change that, it's taking us a bit longer". The were very nice and even told me to "call back sooner because you should receive information sooner than 2-3 weeks". I guess it doesn't make much sense that there are multiple people on this thread that applied early September and already have received approval. Anyone else get approved this late in the process? Any reasoning??

FYI I already have a home fast charger so I asked for 1000$ Evgo credit. I initially asked if Tesla supercharger credits could be feasible and it is not. Car came with adapter for home charger but do you know what is used for evgo fast charger? I applied for grant in June bought car in Sept. grant was set to expire Oct.5.

FYI - grid alternatives will pay you back for your home charger that is already installed. Doubtful the labor part can be reimbursed, but they will pay you for the charger. I just submitted my Tesla wall connector bill and they are cutting me a check for 538.36

I will never use the 1000 dollar charge credit card.

Reactions: everydaychris
FYI - grid alternatives will pay you back for your home charger that is already installed. Doubtful the labor part can be reimbursed, but they will pay you for the charger. I just submitted my Tesla wall connector bill and they are cutting me a check for 538.36

Is this $1000 charge credit the same as the Tesla supercharger credit ?

I'm on day 85, applied back Sept 8th. Called a couple of days ago and was also told "final stages of review, give it 2-3 weeks". I said that's past the 90 days deadline posted and they responded "we're working on our website to change that, it's taking us a bit longer". The were very nice and even told me to "call back sooner because you should receive information sooner than 2-3 weeks". I guess it doesn't make much sense that there are multiple people on this thread that applied early September and already have received approval. Anyone else get approved this late in the process? Any reasoning??
I also applied on sep 9th and received an e-mail on Nov 18 that my application move to final stage until now exactly 2 weeks in final stage still not get approval. I massager them through their Facebook complain that I can’t reach them when I called them and my application take too long which I knew some people already got approval. Then someone call me back yesterday and say same thing that I am in final stage and should hear back about decision soon. How soon?

that's awesome because I'm in the same exact scenario. Already had the tesla wall charger installed recently and I'd never use the charging credit card

My application has finally been approved! I logged on last night and saw that the status updated to approved. Now just waiting on the packet to come in via email. My last name starts with an L for those hoping to gauge when their application might be approved.

9/23 - Submitted application
10/26 - Sent in additional documentation (IRS transcript - I was having trouble with the IRS website when I first submitted my application)
11/18 - Email CVAP to get a status update
11/25 - CVAP replied stating that my application was submitted for final review
12/2 - Application status updates to approved (exactly 1 week after CVAP stated that my application was in final review. I saw another user mention this same 1 week wait after final review)

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Congratulations!

i wonder when was your original final review date.
my application went in for final review November 15 and I am still waiting.
i called again (I am becoming very impatient lol) and I was told that I should be getting the approval any day now but at this point who knows.

My application has finally been approved! I logged on last night and saw that the status updated to approved. Now just waiting on the packet to come in via email. My last name starts with an L for those hoping to gauge when their application might be approved.

9/23 - Submitted application
10/26 - Sent in additional documentation (IRS transcript - I was having trouble with the IRS website when I first submitted my application)
11/18 - Email CVAP to get a status update
11/25 - CVAP replied stating that my application was submitted for final review
12/2 - Application status updates to approved (exactly 1 week after CVAP stated that my application was in final review. I saw another user mention this same 1 week wait after final review)

Good luck to all those still waiting!

I applied on 09/11 and still nothing, every time i call they say your in line to be reviewed, I tell them I have "friends" that have been approved after me they have nothing to say. I don't understand how some of you are getting approved who applied we after me. My car is on hold based of this grant and I wont even get the car if i don't get approved.

Has anyone who qualified not been approved?

I applied on 09/11 and still nothing, every time i call they say your in line to be reviewed, I tell them I have "friends" that have been approved after me they have nothing to say. I don't understand how some of you are getting approved who applied we after me. My car is on hold based of this grant and I wont even get the car if i don't get approved.

me, i should qualify based on their guidelines and applied sept.30. I get the same exact response, still in line for review I’ve used the same explanations and it seems like they don’t care or know it’s not truly based on date of applying:rolleyes: all they’ll respond with is their script which can be annoying especially when your application hasn’t even been looked at by who ever it was assign to! It seems like those with last name towards the end of the alphabet are stuck with slow associates

Charger was in house previously. Took the credit hopefully new Evgo stations will have more Tesla adapters other than SF and LA

Congratulations!

i wonder when was your original final review date.
my application went in for final review November 15 and I am still waiting.
i called again (I am becoming very impatient lol) and I was told that I should be getting the approval any day now but at this point who knows.
I’m wondering when it moved over to final review as well. I never would have known if I didn’t email them. Hopefully you get approved very soon too!

I am 8/27 here... still waiting

What letter does your last name start with?

Seems like they have one or more “problem employees.” Anybody who’s worked in an office knows what I’m talking about. It’s up to supervisors to be on top of problems like this and fix them.

All you can do is keep calling and emailing.
Yes! Keep calling. My application has been under final review going on 3 weeks This weekend. When I called they said I takes about 2 weeks when it’s on final review. So I said - really, because I am going on week 3 and still nothing. By the sound of the girl who was helping me on the phone, she sounded like someone once again dropped the ball.