Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just call the representative and he told me they are working on the end of October people. so for those who are in Nov, we are quicker. just pray!
So does that add up to about 2 1/2 month wait? I just applied yesterday as I was waiting for the 7 seater and RWD model y (could not apply before as Tesla is so random with when vehicles are available) now I feel it will be near impossible to line up the 35 days from approval and it is very clear no extensions, with the end of qtr push from tesla (I dont care for end of qtr delivery but usually they dont have any cars after that for months)

So does that add up to about 2 1/2 month wait? I just applied yesterday as I was waiting for the 7 seater and RWD model y (could not apply before as Tesla is so random with when vehicles are available) now I feel it will be near impossible to line up the 35 days from approval and it is very clear no extensions, with the end of qtr push from tesla (I dont care for end of qtr delivery but usually they dont have any cars after that for months)
u are right. u can go back the old post, most people they take 2 months to get approval.

Applied: Oct 5th
Approved: Jan 8th

Just in time to order the MY 7 seater.
So thats 3 months, do you think you can have tesla deliver a car for you in 30 days, I only say this because it is well known that tesla does not usually deliver cars to california the first half of the qtr but instead does massive deliveries on the last month, in your case March, it clearly says on CVAP "no extensions at all"

So thats 3 months, do you think you can have tesla deliver a car for you in 30 days, I only say this because it is well known that tesla does not usually deliver cars to california the first half of the qtr but instead does massive deliveries on the last month, in your case March, it clearly says on CVAP "no extensions at all"

Expiration date on the packet says 5/13/2021

CVAP have extended the time to redeem the grant once approved to 125 days. Although on the FAQ it states this all applies to grants approved in 2020 but have to assume this will carry over into grants approved in 2021. Specifically:

“We are so sorry to hear about the challenges you are facing because of the evolving health and economic crisis. We have extended the deadline to redeem a grant by an additional 90 days. In total, grant recipients will have 125 days to redeem a grant once it has been approved. The 90-day extension applies to applicants who have already received a grant approval letter in 2020. This extension will be available to grant-approved participants until further notice. We will continue monitoring the impacts of the evolving health and economic crisis and will consider additional changes if appropriate”.

Reference:
FAQ - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program

Last edited:
Reactions: mluu510
CVAP have extended the time to redeem the grant once approved to 125 days. Although on the FAQ it states this all applies to grants approved in 2020 but have to assume this will carry over into grants approved in 2021. Specifically:

“We are so sorry to hear about the challenges you are facing because of the evolving health and economic crisis. We have extended the deadline to redeem a grant by an additional 90 days. In total, grant recipients will have 125 days to redeem a grant once it has been approved. The 90-day extension applies to applicants who have already received a grant approval letter in 2020. This extension will be available to grant-approved participants until further notice. We will continue monitoring the impacts of the evolving health and economic crisis and will consider additional changes if appropriate”.

Reference:
FAQ - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program
Thats good news to me, now its a matter of "hurry up and wait". Lol

Don't want to sound like a total Scrooge, but given the CVAP administrators are so far behind in approving applications (currently running a backlog of around two and half months), I must say I was a bit surprised that they closed down the whole operation for 11 days between December 24th and January 4 (good enough for government work I guess ?) . Hopefully applications will start being approved again sooner than later now!

You can’t extend once you get approved. You would have to reapply with a different email address which is what I did. Mine expires end of feb but not sure I can get it by then so I made a new one. I can still use the old one but can’t use them both

You can’t extend once you get approved. You would have to reapply with a different email address which is what I did. Mine expires end of feb but not sure I can get it by then so I made a new one. I can still use the old one but can’t use them both
As far as I am aware (ref. earlier post) CVAP are giving 125 days now to redeem the grant. If yours expires in February, what was your approval date?

GOT APPROVED! Applied 10/9
just applied my approval packet to Tesla.
I was approved for %2.47 interest rate through well fargo
Someone had mentioned if you email Tesla for a better rate they adjust it to a lower?

Applied: Oct 27th
Approved: Jan 11th

Waiting for packet in the mail now. Thanks to this thread it gave me a much better estimate on when I could expect approval. When I first started checking it appeared to be about 3 months but looks like they did pick it up a little, especially since they had a holiday during my wait time. Good luck to everyone waiting.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT