Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Team,

I don't know if these have been asked yet. But how long did it take for the CVAP deduction shows up in the Final Payment-Amount Due section of the receipt by the time you have emailed the Acceptance paper to the Service Advisor?

I didn't want to go for a 45 minute drive and not able to take the car home because of document error.

So I here is my timeline:

Submitted request: 9/14
Confirmation/Additional document: 9/15
More Additional Document Email 11/14
Missing Detail Email 12/14
Approved (packet received) 12/22
Ordered (Model 3 ER+) 1/8
Tesla Loan Approved 1/9
Sent CVAP doc to SA 1/10
Delivery Date Scheduled 1/11
Date Pick-up 1/15?

Hi there,

So not sure if I'm just really lucky but, here is my timeline:
Submitted Application: 12/15
Additional Document Request: 1/9
Sent Back Missing Information: 1/9
Approved: 1/12

I just got the approval email saying:
Given the scope of disruption from the evolving health and economic crisis, we realize it might not be possible to redeem a grant within the normal 35-day timeline so we have given you an extension. You now have 125 days to redeem your grant. Your approval expiration date will be stated on your Approval Letter.

You will receive your Approval Packet in a separate email. It will come from [email protected]. If you would prefer to receive your Approval Packet in the mail, please email us and we will do our best to accommodate.

So I'm guessing they're now sending a PDF bundle instead of an actual packet in the mail? I haven't got that email yet but I'll let you know what happens. I just placed the order for my MY and Delivery Estimate says Jan 24 - Feb 14th.

More to come...

I guess I could have waited a few more minutes but this is the next email I got:
Due to the disruptions from Covid-19, we are not able to mail you an approval packet. Instead, we have attached the approval packet to this email in the form of a PDF. Please note that the extension provided to support participants impacted by Covid-19 will reflect on the approval letter.

I guess I could have waited a few more minutes but this is the next email I got:
Due to the disruptions from Covid-19, we are not able to mail you an approval packet. Instead, we have attached the approval packet to this email in the form of a PDF. Please note that the extension provided to support participants impacted by Covid-19 will reflect on the approval letter.
yeah, they used to mail it .but they changed to email which makes it quicker. could u share ur approval timeline? thks

Its here:
Submitted Application: 12/15
Additional Document Request: 1/9
Sent Back Missing Information: 1/9
Approved and received packet: 1/12

Congratulations. That was a quick turnaround. I applied on the 16th of December but I'm not expecting to hear anything until at least the end of February. I guess you will be taking delivery in Cathedral City. I'd be interested in hearing how your delivery experience goes since I will be picking up there too. Between Costa Mesa and Cathedral City, I chose the latter as I'm almost smack bang betweeen the two delivery centers.

Hey guys, been following up on this thread for some time and signed up now when I found out I got approved.

Applied: Nov 3
Approved: January 11

What's weird is I never got notified that I got approved, I found out directly from CVAP website that I am approved but its been 2 days still and have not received mail or email with the packet. Checked throughout my emails/junk/trash etc.

Anyone else had this issue?

Hey guys, been following up on this thread for some time and signed up now when I found out I got approved.

Applied: Nov 3
Approved: January 11

What's weird is I never got notified that I got approved, I found out directly from CVAP website that I am approved but its been 2 days still and have not received mail or email with the packet. Checked throughout my emails/junk/trash etc.

Anyone else had this issue?
just wait, it takes a couple of days to arrive.

It finally happened!
Applied: November 10th
Called about a status update on Tuesday, 01/12 and was told that my application was still in line to be reviewed by their first level approvers.
Approved: November 14th.
Approval email and Approval packet came separately, but only 10 minutes apart instead of the usual few days!

Immediately called my SA and she applied to my account and marked me eligible for delivery!

Reactions: RoBoRaT
I applied 11/20 and am still in line I think, is the only way to check by going thru the salesforce login?
I think so, either that or calling them and asking to check status. I applied 11/21 and called a couple of days ago and they checked and said I was missing some documents so I sent them in. Now just waiting for someone to review my application and make a decision.

Reactions: Xsighting
It finally happened!
Applied: November 10th
Called about a status update on Tuesday, 01/12 and was told that my application was still in line to be reviewed by their first level approvers.
Approved: November 14th.
Approval email and Approval packet came separately, but only 10 minutes apart instead of the usual few days!

Immediately called my SA and she applied to my account and marked me eligible for delivery!
yesterday they told me they are working on that week. i applied at nov 13th. i am waiting . and i think they gonna finished all nov applicationa at this month .