Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
-Applied 1/14/21
-Submitted 2019 tax form 3/8/21
-Final review stage 3/10/21

They didn’t mention that it would take 2-8 weeks for the final approval so hopefully sooner
Hi! Did you call for this information? I emailed them for an update but they gave me general information back. I applied on 1/7/21 and have not been asked for any additonal info and the website says under review still. Thanks!

Applied 1/20.
Called today to ask and they said that my application is in final review stage and was reviewed on 3/10 and it will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks for the final decision from now. I'd recommend calling them because I think there is a difference between the portal they see and the portal we see and theirs seems to be more accurate/updated.
Hopefully January applications get approved soon because December ones seem to be getting cleared.

Applied 1/20.
Called today to ask and they said that my application is in final review stage and was reviewed on 3/10 and it will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks for the final decision from now. I'd recommend calling them because I think there is a difference between the portal they see and the portal we see and theirs seems to be more accurate/updated.
Hopefully January applications get approved soon because December ones seem to be getting cleared.
That's a relief. I applied on 1/13 so hopefully i'll get approved soon. I may have to postpone delivery till April.

That's a relief. I applied on 1/13 so hopefully i'll get approved soon. I may have to postpone delivery till April.
Did you already get assigned a VIN? I told my SA to put my delivery on hold so they don't assign me any VINs until I'm actually ready to take delivery which is after the grant approval. Also not sure if you're getting the Model 3 or Y but I'm waiting for my Model 3 delivery and was wondering if I can even take delivery in April because it seems like they only do deliveries in the last month of the quarter in CA

Applied 1/20.
Just called today - applied 1/7 and they said it’s in the final review stages and it can take 2-6 weeks like they’ve told everyone else. She said they were working on the end of December and expects mine could have a decision by the end of the month.

Reactions: pure9
Did you already get assigned a VIN? I told my SA to put my delivery on hold so they don't assign me any VINs until I'm actually ready to take delivery which is after the grant approval. Also not sure if you're getting the Model 3 or Y but I'm waiting for my Model 3 delivery and was wondering if I can even take delivery in April because it seems like they only do deliveries in the last month of the quarter in CA
No, I don't have a VIN yet. My SA told me they'll have to hunt for a VIN when the grant comes if I have to postpone. I am also getting a Model 3.

CVAP was approved at the end of February and my Tesla is due to be delivered to my home this Saturday. Have emailed my sales advisor as well as the Burbank Delivery Center the Approval Packet a couple of days ago but they have yet to apply the grant to my account. Anyone else had issues/delays with Burbank Delivery Center applying the grant?

CVAP was approved at the end of February and my Tesla is due to be delivered to my home this Saturday. Have emailed my sales advisor as well as the Burbank delivery Center the welcome packet but they have yet to apply the grant to my account. Anyone else had issues/delays with Burbank Delivery Center applying the grant?
CVAP was approved at the end of February and my Tesla is due to be delivered to my home this Saturday. Have emailed my sales advisor as well as the Burbank Delivery Center the Approval Packet a couple of days ago but they have yet to apply the grant to my account. Anyone else had issues/delays with Burbank Delivery Center applying the grant?
My SA told me it would be applied on the day of the delivery. I dont buy that since people got the grant applied after they get their VIN. I would call then again tomorrow since Sat is the delivery day. Just to make sure they dont make you pay for the extra 5k

My SA told me it would be applied on the day of the delivery. I dont buy that since people got the grant applied after they get their VIN. I would call then again tomorrow since Sat is the delivery day. Just to make sure they dont make you pay for the extra 5k
Thanks, was finally able to speak with someone at the Burbank deliver center today (the person I ended up speaking to was not even in the delivery department but a sales advisor from Glendale that they brought in for a couple of days to field calls to the delivery line probably because they are so overwhelmed). I'll try again tomorrow. I can only assume Burbank Delivery Center is slammed as I called about 20 times over the past two days before I was able to get a human on the the phone. They are also not responding to texts or emails sent to order support and it's not possble to leave a voice mail. No way I'm not using the grant given how long we waited for approval (I know you all feel my pain!). Shouldn't be this challenging, but then again its Tesla...

Last edited: