Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Applied on 1/2 and received this email on 3/25. My Tesla MY was scheduled for delivery today and had to postpone the order šŸ˜„

Hello,

Your application is on the reservation list. Currently because of the reservation list implemented on 3-17-2021 due to low available funds, we are not approving any applications until funds are made available to those accounts. This can occur either by the program receiving more funding or funding not being used in other approvals and given to other accounts. We do not have a timeline or data on this new process, and we are unable to see the place in line participants are in. For more information please visit our website- Clean Vehicle Assistance Program. If you have more questions we will be happy to help.
Thank you for your patience.
šŸ˜¢ Thanks for sharing! Too bad they canā€™t tell us where we are on the reservation list. It would help us all plan our delivery date better.

Well boys and girls, I decided to pick up my Model 3 SR+ tomorrow... got the standard 2.49% but talked to my SA to get it lowered, but itā€™s already solid enough itā€™s not a dealbreaker. Iā€™m not keen on waiting for 5k and missing out on a Tesla for possibly a year plus IMO.

Applied on 1/2 and received this email on 3/25. My Tesla MY was scheduled for delivery today and had to postpone the order šŸ˜„

Hello,

Your application is on the reservation list. Currently because of the reservation list implemented on 3-17-2021 due to low available funds, we are not approving any applications until funds are made available to those accounts. This can occur either by the program receiving more funding or funding not being used in other approvals and given to other accounts. We do not have a timeline or data on this new process, and we are unable to see the place in line participants are in. For more information please visit our website- Clean Vehicle Assistance Program. If you have more questions we will be happy to help.
Thank you for your patience.
Yeah I got that same email after my inquiry. I also had to pass on my model 3 for this weekend and put my order on hold. Sad day for sure.

Well boys and girls, I decided to pick up my Model 3 SR+ tomorrow... got the standard 2.49% but talked to my SA to get it lowered, but itā€™s already solid enough itā€™s not a dealbreaker. Iā€™m not keen on waiting for 5k and missing out on a Tesla for possibly a year plus IMO.
Congrats on the new car! Enjoy!

Reactions: HipsterPolice
congrats! feel like I'll be in your boat soon :) what was your application date w cvap?

Honestly If I was y'all I would wait. I don't think it will be longer than September. I applied for my brother and he's on the reservation list. I am lucky. I got 2CVAP grants in a 2 year period due to a mechanical issues with my i3 . I upgraded from a bmw i3 rex to model y sr. I ordered it in February and got the grant in march and delivery on March 18. My brother had to accept delivery for me because I was New York. Now I am in Morocco, then going to Egypt. I can't wait to get back to drive my car.

congrats! feel like I'll be in your boat soon :) what was your application date w cvap?

Applied 2/9; still not in Reservation List. So I figured minimum wait if they got funding back today would still be June, but I wasn't holding my breath. Especially with deliveries at end of quarter, it was basically now or never - I was monitoring CVRP funds for quite some time and it's been dropping to the point where it will run out in June. So it would be another waiting period.

Of course, that's just my speculation, not sure if it's the best choice for everyone.

(Moderator note: TMC moderators are aware of some inappropriate PMs (private messages) that have been sent regarding this program to some members. We have taken action regarding those messages, and appreciate those of you who reported them to us. It should go without saying (but I will say it anyway) that we do not endorse, condone or tolerate any sort of fraud here.)

Has anyone received any updates from CVAP or heard anything from them recently? Iā€™ve been waiting over 3 months now (applied 12/19) and will be riding it out šŸ¤žšŸ¼
I also applied around the same time (12/22) and no update. I just got an email saying I am on the reservation list, but that is all... I am starting to feel as if it's never going to happen. But, please keep me updated if you hear/receive anything. I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Who did you finance through for that rate? I'm also thinking about foregoing the 5k since I'm going to need to replace my car very soon.

Got this email, does this mean I am on the reservation list? - "your application will be reviewed" is what makes me a bit confused.

"Due to the implementation of a reservation list as of March 17, 2021, there isnā€™t a set turnaround time at the moment. Your spot will be reserved and if more funds are made available, your application will be reviewed for a decision in the order it was completed."