Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with a CVAP representative. She said I did not make the waitlist. Submitted my app on 3/15. She also said I would have to resubmit all my documents and app when they become funded again. Bummer! If it helps anyone out, she said they barely got into adding applications from February to the reservation list before it became full.
I too just got off the phone with a CVAP representative. I have been following this thread and had to call to check on the status of my application. They told me it was received on December 23rd and I was currently on the waitlist. I asked if they had any more info... nothing! I was told, however, that they were currently working on the December applications, so I was advised by the CVAP representative to wait for the next couple of months since I am SO CLOSE to getting approved. I have placed my order for MY, and according to the estimated delivery, it arrives between May 5 - June 4. So I am stuck, don't know what I should do. I have already pushed back my delivery date, back in the beginning of March. Does anyone else have any information on their application status? Has anyone been approved after the 3/15 reservation list? Should I wait and push back my delivery date? HELP!! I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

Final update on my application:

I applied on 2/1/21. About a week ago I was working with a couple reps as they emailed me for additional info. After some back and forth I provided all that I could. I emailed them again today after hearing the most recent announcement...I was told my application did not make the reservation list and thus will be closed.

"Unfortunately your application, given that it is not on the reservation list, will be closed in the next few days. You will receive an email in the next few days with that official closure. For more information please visit our website - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program. If you have more questions we will be happy to help."

It hurts, but I suppose I'll be purchasing without the grant. Best of luck to those that have made it onto the reservation list.

Applied 12/19. so close to the cutoff day!! still waiting for the MY SR, the website shows the estimated delivery is 4/16-4/27 but no VIN assigned.
my calculation is below:
assume 10% of the applicants won't use their grant. people who got approved after 2/22 had only 60 days. the cutoff day is 3/17 I assumed? so the first possible available non-used grant will be available again on 4/22, then I just need to wait another 30 days to receive my grant (3*10days)

Still hesitating whether I should take the SR or keep waiting for the grant if the SR comes before my grant approval. Any suggestion?
P.S. my current lease ends in early Jun, really a solid need here.

Applied 12/19. so close to the cutoff day!! still waiting for the MY SR, the website shows the estimated delivery is 4/16-4/27 but no VIN assigned.
my calculation is below:
assume 10% of the applicants won't use their grant. people who got approved after 2/22 had only 60 days. the cutoff day is 3/17 I assumed? so the first possible available non-used grant will be available again on 4/22, then I just need to wait another 30 days to receive my grant (3*10days)

Still hesitating whether I should take the SR or keep waiting for the grant if the SR comes before my grant approval. Any suggestion?
P.S. my current lease ends in early Jun, really a solid need here.
MY SR is a rare trim...I might suggest going the safe route and just go through with the purchase before there isn't one left for you. I'm surprised you have a delivery date but no VIN for it.

Maybe ask CVAP about your personal situation and seek advice.

I too just got off the phone with a CVAP representative. I have been following this thread and had to call to check on the status of my application. They told me it was received on December 23rd and I was currently on the waitlist. I asked if they had any more info... nothing! I was told, however, that they were currently working on the December applications, so I was advised by the CVAP representative to wait for the next couple of months since I am SO CLOSE to getting approved. I have placed my order for MY, and according to the estimated delivery, it arrives between May 5 - June 4. So I am stuck, don't know what I should do. I have already pushed back my delivery date, back in the beginning of March. Does anyone else have any information on their application status? Has anyone been approved after the 3/15 reservation list? Should I wait and push back my delivery date? HELP!! I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!
Applied in late January and been in the review stage. Gave up and figured it wasn’t worth waiting a year or months for. Also realized I wouldn’t have even qualified in the first place. Ended up ordering the MY without the grant and received it the same week. No regrets!! Although I did apply for the CVRP so hopefully there will be funding for that. I also ended up selling my leased car to Carvana and ended up receiving $3k profit from them so it worked out in the end!

Has anyone who applied for the CVAP grant around Jan 15th heard back yet? I was told on 3/15 that it was still waiting to be reviewed and the average processing time was 75 days. So as of today, I'm at day 60 with no news. Fingers crossed.
I applied on Jan 10th and gave them a call yesterday and was told that I was on the Reservation List. I'd recommend giving them a call to see if you made it too.

I applied on Jan 10th and gave them a call yesterday and was told that I was on the Reservation List. I'd recommend giving them a call to see if you made it too.
I applied on January 9th - my assumption (and hope) is that not many people applied for the grant over the holidays. I am on the "waitlist" but CVAP refuses to share what order we are on the list and how many are in front of us.

I would have total buyer's remorse if I purchase a Tesla in May, then get approved for the CVAP in June.

I applied on January 9th - my assumption (and hope) is that not many people applied for the grant over the holidays. I am on the "waitlist" but CVAP refuses to share what order we are on the list and how many are in front of us.

I would have total buyer's remorse if I purchase a Tesla in May, then get approved for the CVAP in June.
I had applied in March 1st, and got the email on march 24th. wish i had gotten a bit sooner as i would have saved 1k lol

I applied early March and made it to the reservation list. I was proactive and reached out if any info was missing. They needed further documentation (taxes); I was able to provide those documents and just reached out and they were able to confirm I'm on the wait list. Wonder how far along they are.

I applied early March and made it to the reservation list. I was proactive and reached out if any info was missing. They needed further documentation (taxes); I was able to provide those documents and just reached out and they were able to confirm I'm on the wait list. Wonder how far along they are.
Hopefully some people cancel etc and reaches you, if it hits me, i already bought and im sure others too, so Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: dwong521
I've had mine ordered for a while but since I'm not driving much at all I'm not in any rush to buy it, although it would be nice.

But in the most ideal (and maybe wishful thinking) case scenario if the current administration reinstates the $7,500 tax credit + $5,000 CVAP + $4,500 CVRP + $1,500 CCFR that would be :eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: dwong521
Just received this email. I applied on 2/19, and it says I'm not on the reservation list. Oh well, I ended up buying without the grant.

Dear CVA Program applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the CVA Program. We have received a great response to the program and therefore our limited funds are now fully allocated. We do not expect to receive additional funds until next year due to delays at the legislature, so we are closing the program to new applicants and applicants who are not on the Reservation List as of 4/14/21.

We process applications on a first-come, first- serve basis. We regret to inform you that your application is not on the Reservation List and the list has reached full capacity. We will be closing your application this week. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.

We have not scheduled a date for reopening the CVA Program and we don’t expect to until 2022, so we encourage you to look at other incentive programs here if you need immediate assistance purchasing a clean vehicle.

To learn more, please visit our website’s announcement page. If you have additional questions, the best way to reach us is at [email protected].

Sincerely,

The CVA Program Team

Beneficial State Foundation

I applied on 1/2 and currently on reservation list. I called this morning and spoke with Daisy. I asked if they have applied any unused grant towards the waiting list and she said no. Since I have to return my leased car next week, I emailed my rep to reassign me another VIN. Rep said next batch won’t go out til June. Hope this helps !