TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cleaning 19" rims

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Majerus, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Majerus

Majerus Member

I find the grooves on the OEM 19s a PIA to clean, then on top of the the little gap between rims annoying as well. I looked for awhile and counldnt find a good tool for cleaning them. Then one day walking around our local buchheit (farm store) I ran across the perfect tool. Its amazing how well it works and only 2 bucks..

IMAG2925_zps5kh0onzm.jpg

FLP Elite Auto Care 2 in 1 Detail Brush Ideal for Vents Seams Electronics | eBay

2. jjchan

jjchan Member

Yeah, $2.99 for the brush, but $8.95 for S/H!

3. pgiralt

pgiralt Supporting Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I find that it takes me about 50% of the time to clean the wheels and the other 50% to clean the rest of the exterior of the car. Anything that can help speed up cleaning the wheels is a welcome addition.

4. stevem

stevem Member

My local detail shop sells Sonex Full Effect wheel cleaner. Spray on and hose off, and it really works well. Handles 90% of the wheel dirt. I'm sure there is a similar product you can get at more places, but till I find it, this works well. It's worth trying a bottle if you can hunt it down.

5. caddieo

caddieo Member

I have the wheel cleaner and 2 types of brushes from Griot's Garage. Spray on, let it sit, then blast off with a full-jet setting on the hose. Finish with the brushes and a quick rinse.

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

+1. But you don't have to hunt it down, just use your keyboard. It's available online from lots of places.

7. Bugeater

Bugeater Member

8. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Local Vendor - Southeast