Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning bottom of Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I washed my car today, and I was going to try something new so I got on my floor creeper and accidentally sprayed in the battery vents. So much sand and dirt came out. Since I found all that dirt I preceded to wash the dirt out of the rest of the car. To the point of my story, has anyone else done this? I was suprised to find so much sand and debris inside.

Most of the sand actually washed away before I moved the a
car to grab the pic.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 360
Are you talking about the front vents or other vents? Curious, because I drive on roads with lots of debris that gets kicked up from the cars in front of me in the rain. I haven't noticed a build up. But I have not looked that closely.

Thanks.

It was from the slats on the side of the battery pack underneath the car. I sprayed water into the round openings, I think there is four on each side.

- - - Updated - - -

Was all of that sand from Winter snow/ice treatment of your roads OR was that sand just accumulating due to the normal conditions of your roads?

Just normal driving conditions. I'm in the Houston area so we never get ice treatments in the roads.

I washed my car today, and I was going to try something new so I got on my floor creeper and accidentally sprayed in the battery vents. So much sand and dirt came out. Since I found all that dirt I preceded to wash the dirt out of the rest of the car. To the point of my story, has anyone else done this? I was suprised to find so much sand and debris inside.

Most of the sand actually washed away before I moved the a
car to grab the pic.
Never tried it personally, but the battery is a completely sealed unit so you shouldn't be able to harm it with a garden hose. One forum member posted about driving his Tesla through flood waters that came up to the front of his hood, and no problems (and surprisingly no leaks in the doors!).

I'm normally blissfully ignorant and happy to be such, but now you're making me want to check the next time I wash my car. But Tesla service just dropped my battery a few weeks ago for maintenance, so I assume they cleaned up down there at the same time.

This thread inspired me to video the underbelly of my 9 month old sweetheart with my iPod with the light on. I should never have done it with the light on.

It was only one mild winter, honest Officer :crying:

Then again this is a loaner pack, mine is back in the Mothership.

Still doesn't seem clear to me where the pack ends and where car begins, does anyone know of an underbelly diagram or video :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

ie. I am hoping the plastic "air diffuser" panels don't need to be removed on every pack swap ? Hmmm, off to find that 90 second swap vid...

- - - Updated - - -

Battery Swap Event | Tesla Motors