Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning bugs off PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a thread on what appears to be bugs on non PPF, what is the best way to get them off the front bumper on PPF? I got about half of it done, still not perfect and it took quite a long time. i'm basically scraping them off with my fingernails. I know pretty gross. My fault for leaving them there for months. I've tried bug and tar stuff and it doesn't seem to do much. The echo waterless wash is doing nothing. I read people said to clay them and that seems to work the best, but I feel like I"m wasting a lot of clay.

I suggest contacting the manufacturer of your particular PPF and ask them for suggestions.

I have Xpel PPF and this is copied from the Xpel website: XPEL | Help | Frequently Asked Questions

What Can I Use To Clean The Film With If The Film Cleaner Isn’t Working?​

XPEL Film Cleaner is generally designed to remove dirt, grime and oils from paint protection film that lead to yellowing over time. To remove stains from other substances such as insects, bird droppings or other compounds, use acetone or lacquer thinner with a soft microfiber cloth.

1642038479812.jpeg

And a bit a water. For real. 👍