Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning centre console surface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could Tesla have chosen a material more prone to greasy marks than the sliding door on the centre console? One day of driving and I have to clean it because it makes me crazy to see the shiny marks. What does everybody use for cleaning? Anything that prevents it from getting so nasty looking so fast?

I clean the interior (minus the seats, alcantara, screens, and glass) with a little Dawn dishwashing liquid mixed in a bucket of warm water. I use two microfiber towels, one to dip in the bucket, squeeze out, then I wipe down a section of the interior. I then use another microfiber towel to wipe it dry.

Rinse and repeat! ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Doubletap67
I clean the interior (minus the seats, alcantara, screens, and glass) with a little Dawn dishwashing liquid mixed in a bucket of warm water. I use two microfiber towels, one to dip in the bucket, squeeze out, then I wipe down a section of the interior. I then use another microfiber towel to wipe it dry.

Rinse and repeat! ;)

Wow. Good tip. Even doors and lower dash with the pup?

Rinse and repeat! ;)

Did you get your misaligned trim resolved? I dodged that one on mine. What's odd is that I'd have been annoyed by my various issues (headliner and panel gaps) if on an Audi or MB but I'm all patience because it's Tesla.

Could Tesla have chosen a material more prone to greasy marks than the sliding door on the centre console? One day of driving and I have to clean it because it makes me crazy to see the shiny marks. What does everybody use for cleaning? Anything that prevents it from getting so nasty looking so fast?

If you want a different solution check out the Ultimate Center Console in the Vendor section. It is the console that should have come with your Model S.