Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning centre console without scratching

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you still have a pristine piano black centre console and want to keep it that way I think I have come up with a way to clean it without scratching.

Get one of these E-cloths:

https://amzn.to/3d4Tou3

Damp the cloth and dab at the console to remove any dust. Then just gently wipe and allow to dry. Works best when the interior of the car is cool so it doesn't dry too quickly.

No scratches, even really fine ones, as far as I can tell.

Any cheapo (and clean) microfibre cloth works fine. I thought the black would be harder to manage than it actually is.
I'm with you on this, looked at wrapping before got car baut once in use, find it fine, quick wipe down with microfiber and looks as good now as the day I got it (nov), I just make sure I dont put things on it.

You will go truly mad if you try and keep a gloss piano black surface free of micro scratches. You will find yourself peering over them at every angle, and it’ll all be fine until one day in the bright sunshine you’ll spot a hairline scratch at an acute angle (and possibly crash at the same time)

That being said I did also get one of those “e-cloths” before too to leave in the cubbyhole to clean the screen, and they are decent.