Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning dogs saliva of the seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sonax (289300-755) Leather Foam -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003USYN6Q?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
This is what Tesla recommended to me. Works great and will clean literally anything off the white seats. However, do NOT let it dry on the seats. I spray and take a horse hair brush to the seats and immediately wipe. Regular maintenance cleanings I use non scented baby wipes. If they won’t clean it up (my dog drools a lot) I switch to Sonax.
for door panels and trim I use chemical guys no nonsense. Only thing I have found that will remove the nasty drool stains.
This is the way!

UGH. THIS. IS. GENIUS! I have a dog cover in the back seat now, but I cannot have rear passengers unless I take it off. Then you risk having dog hair still back there and the SLOBBER. The way you doit, if I had rear passengers, I would just pop the seats up! Is that a moving blanket? If not, where did you get the cover from?
I actually changed things up. I keep Cloud (our pup) in the back with the one linked below. Made for the Y and easy to keep clean as he can’t drool on the door panels. I’ve been using this one for several months now.
BMZX Tesla Model Y Trunk Mat... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094NCC3LG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

When I bought my Tesla they specifically said not to use products to clean the seats, but you say they told you it was ok...You have pictures of your seats? Im scared to buy it and try it and then ruin them. Does it get old slobber marks off. It took me a few carwashes to notice they were not coming off. Thx!
Yes it does clean off old marks. Sometimes I go a month or so before I clean them. I can grab pictures tonight if you would like? They look the same as the day I brought them home. I originally tried wiping them down with baby wipes/water only, but that does not clean the seats. To keep the super white I have found the Sonax to work well.

Yes it does clean off old marks. Sometimes I go a month or so before I clean them. I can grab pictures tonight if you would like? They look the same as the day I brought them home. I originally tried wiping them down with baby wipes/water only, but that does not clean the seats. To keep the super white I have found the Sonax to work well.
Sonax is some type of foam degreaser that has gotten everything off the seats!

Reactions: Schulz1983
After we sold our Volt we had to use our Y to transport our Husky. Even with the really nice rear cargo compartment protector from RPM I failed to protect the rear seat and since the rear AC ducts are in the console she hangs her head over the seat and drools all over them. I have stains I haven’t gotten out using traditional car cleaning products. I’ll try some of the products mentioned here. So now we have covered the rear seat. I thought the vegan leather was more durable.

After we sold our Volt we had to use our Y to transport our Husky. Even with the really nice rear cargo compartment protector from RPM I failed to protect the rear seat and since the rear AC ducts are in the console she hangs her head over the seat and drools all over them. I have stains I haven’t gotten out using traditional car cleaning products. I’ll try some of the products mentioned here. So now we have covered the rear seat. I thought the vegan leather was more durable.
If I had a dog I would of purchased a textile sealant such as ceramic coating for the seats which costs less than $30. Applying that on clean seats makes it a lot easier to clean down the road.