TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Cleaning front radiator intake on facelift

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by HumanGenome, Aug 20, 2017.

1. HumanGenome

HumanGenome Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Power wash?

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Exercise caution by testing the water pressure first and approaching the rad carefully to prevent damaging the radiator fins. You can also clean your rad at home using a garden hose and some bug-and-tar remover. Once your radiator is cool, spray on the remover, let it soak for a minute, then rinse it off.

GUNK Tar and Bug Remover,15 Oz.,Aerosol - 4TKG6|TR1 - Grainger

• Helpful x 1
  3. HumanGenome

HumanGenome Member

There's a lip where stuff will fall into, I am assuming that will make it's way out of the car through the undercarriage instead of sitting in there? My only concern is that there would be build up under there after power washing.

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I would suggest a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment. Better to vacuum the debris out rather than force it in with water pressure.

5. eschummer

eschummer Member

You really need to do both. Vacuum to get all the loose debris out, and wash (gently) to remove the bugs. A smiler issue exists behind the windshield wipers under the top of the hood (except for the bugs)...