Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning headliner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isopropyl alcohol. Dab with a clean, saturated cloth and blot dry with another dry, clean cloth. Don't rub. Microfiber seems to work good. I've used for light stains from makeup and light grease marks. Not sure if it'll completely remove heavy stain marks.

Reactions: NJEV-Don
If the stain is just dirt and grime then use a solution of warm water and a few drops of dish washing liquid detergent. Blot with a clean cloth. Use an old toothbrush to lightly scrub the area if heavily soiled. Blot the just washed area with a clean cloth soaked in a plain water, then blot the area with a clean dry cloth to help dry the area. Repeat a second time if needed.

If the stain is truly oil or grease then use Naptha or cigarette lighter fluid (can be found at Walgreens). Dampen a clean cloth with some of the lighter fluid and blot the stained area. Fold over the cloth to a clean patch, apply a little more fluid to the cloth and repeat. Let dry.

When removing a combination of oil/grease and other stains first use the Naptha/lighter fluid to remove any oil or grease, then let dry. Then clean the stained area with warm water and dish washing liquid. Blot with a clean dry cloth to dry the area.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52 16 57 39
my 2022 M3 came with dirt marks on headliner and the glovebox. I went to Tesla service station and took photos of what they use to clean the car. Spray this stuff on a microfiber towel and then wipe but dont be too aggressive on the headliner as to not rub and distort the material.

Use SPRAY NINE on the black interior and Bradley's 750 on the headliner. its a glass cleaner but according to the Tesla guy, it works on the headliner and he cleaned it in front of me. I noticed Home Depot sells Spray Nine for $5. I attached photos.

3D39F950-160E-4928-8D16-12D36BD31DA3.jpegC80B88A1-9364-45FF-BC13-991D8BA949AD.jpeg

Reactions: jaxp316
I just saw this odd spot in my car today that I had the car for 1 month now, it looks like some king of grease spot or some kind of cream till I scraped off with my mail and now I have this. What do you recommend to get this out?

Attachments

• BB1B1301-709E-4F67-BA2A-BC6925D6C79D.jpeg
    BB1B1301-709E-4F67-BA2A-BC6925D6C79D.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 334
I just saw this odd spot in my car today that I had the car for 1 month now, it looks like some king of grease spot or some kind of cream till I scraped off with my mail and now I have this. What do you recommend to get this out?
Looks like a greasy fingerprint. I would use the following, in order of the aggressiveness, for the solvent solution.

1) Isopropyl alcohol (70% or 90%, not Rubbing Alcohol which contains a skin lubricant) and a clean microfiber cloth or clean rag

2) Lighter Fluid (great at removing grease stains) and a clean microfiber cloth or clean rag

3) Naptha (dry cleaning fluid), and a clean microfiber cloth or clean rag

The best results come from applying a small amount of the the cleaning fluid to the clean cloth and dabbing at the spot in a circular pattern while feathering around the edge of the stain. Switch to a clean section of the cloth and repeat several times, then blot the area with a clean dry section of the cloth. Let the area fully dry before determining if further cleaning is needed. Repeat as needed or move to the next cleaning fluid.

• Love
Reactions: SpicyPaneer
my 2022 M3 came with dirt marks on headliner and the glovebox. I went to Tesla service station and took photos of what they use to clean the car. Spray this stuff on a microfiber towel and then wipe but dont be too aggressive on the headliner as to not rub and distort the material.

Use SPRAY NINE on the black interior and Bradley's 750 on the headliner. its a glass cleaner but according to the Tesla guy, it works on the headliner and he cleaned it in front of me. I noticed Home Depot sells Spray Nine for $5. I attached photos.

View attachment 863430View attachment 863431
Where can you find the Bradley’s?

Reactions: SpicyPaneer