Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning inside trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without knowing more about exactly what you're doing, I can offer this.

Use multiple towels when cleaning or conditioning interior surfaces. Do not spray to the surface, spray to your cleaning media(towel/brush/ext.). Use a secondary towel for a dry-buffing to remove excessive residue.

If you're doing a heavy cleaning phase, use a secondary towel with distilled water to flush the surface free of residue before conditioning.

Without knowing more about exactly what you're doing, I can offer this.

Use multiple towels when cleaning or conditioning interior surfaces. Do not spray to the surface, spray to your cleaning media(towel/brush/ext.). Use a secondary towel for a dry-buffing to remove excessive residue.

If you're doing a heavy cleaning phase, use a secondary towel with distilled water to flush the surface free of residue before conditioning.

+1 definitely.

I use Griot's interior cleaner and have had no issues at all. I have also used 40% vinegar, 50% DI water and 10% 90% (or 70%) IPA. This is my go-to glass cleaner. Works quite well, but I got worried about acidity, so I went back to Griot's. Seems to leave no residue at all and works quite well. I always only dampen the MF towel and use a dry-off towel to buff immediately. I then follow with the appropriate conditioner after fully dried.

PS: black shiny plastic is just about the worst there is for cleaning, buffing and getting that perfect look.

For light vinyl cleaning and conditioning, try 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium.

For light leather cleaning, try Leather Master's soft cleaner and then condition with Vital.

One of my favorite conditioners for leather is Swissvax Leather Milk but it comes at a premium. Deal hunters need not apply for Leather Milk.

Leather interior I would use Lexol leather cleaner (and conditioner) I don't think it would darken stitching. My stitching is black and so is my interior. But I would guess that stuff would be fine.

I have black interiors too but there are places with white stitching. I tested my cleaner on a small area and it darkened it :( so I am now avoiding those areas.