Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Hoping some of the car cleaning experts can share some tips for good products/routines/tips and tricks for cleaning inside the Model 3?

Thanks in advance!

I use AutoGlym and a microfibre cloth for the head liner. Baby wipes for the seats. Using a good battery powered vac often helps get ahead of the floor mess.

My main tip is not to be tempted to use 'leather cleaner' on the seats as they aren't leather. Leather cleaners usually contain essential oils that will make your plastic seats go all shiny and horrible. The seats are dead easy to clean with a simple interior cleaner spray and a wipe with a microfibre (they come up like new!)

Take a look at Autobrite Directs range, very very good and at a sensible price.

My main tip is not to be tempted to use 'leather cleaner' on the seats as they aren't leather. Leather cleaners usually contain essential oils that will make your plastic seats go all shiny and horrible. The seats are dead easy to clean with a simple interior cleaner spray and a wipe with a microfibre (they come up like new!)

Take a look at Autobrite Directs range, very very good and at a sensible price.

The dark "leather seats" benefit from occasional application of 303 Protectant (every couple of months after cleaning). This brings back the even satin finish and protects the (let's be honest here guys) plastic from UV deterioration. you can use it on any plastics and visually gives a "back to black" effect without the greasiness of such products.

I got these, a bit fiddly to fit on the drivers side for some reason but I tucked the edges under the carpet.
I got mine from the LUCKEASY store on AliExpress, with hindsight I wish I had gone with this model off Ebay, although they were a breeze to fit the LUCKEASY ones don't half taste awful 🤣

Feature:

1) According to the original factory specifications.

2) Quality materials: tasteless and environmentally friendly.

3) Non-destructive installation, simple and quick.

4) Stable characteristics, high reliability.

5) Protect air vents from fallen leaves and other waste to avoid clogging of air ducts.

6) Does not affect the normal operation of the vent.

7) Ventilation design is uniform and precise, effectively filtering leaves and debris.

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel and Irata