Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cleaning interior - help identifying what type of materials

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all

does anyone have a link or more info on what kids of products to use for the different surfaces inside the model s?

i have a black interior / black headliner / carbon fiber trim / textile seats / no premium package - and i'm not sure which parts are leather and which aren't, and for the parts that aren't leather, what type of cleaner is best

some areas that i'm unsure about:
- the doors - looks like leather
- the part by the windshield - looks like leather but there seem to be different types
- seat backing - how to clean
- arm rests - leather?

i'm not sure if anyone has posted a how to get your interior looking amazing and have that shine, so any info or guides would be great. thanks!

I opened this thread and replied a day later leading to me leaving some content out. Sorry about that.

Most leathers are going to have a urethane top coating to them, which really acts similarly to vinyl surfaces. You would be okay to use some light cleaners made for vinyl surfaces on your treated leather surfaces if you are unsure of what surfaces you have. One that I would suggest you try is 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium. It is gentle, does not leave any heavy residues and is very easy to use; less is more.

I hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: virtualsmack
thanks for the info.. this was really helpful!

I opened this thread and replied a day later leading to me leaving some content out. Sorry about that.

Most leathers are going to have a urethane top coating to them, which really acts similarly to vinyl surfaces. You would be okay to use some light cleaners made for vinyl surfaces on your treated leather surfaces if you are unsure of what surfaces you have. One that I would suggest you try is 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium. It is gentle, does not leave any heavy residues and is very easy to use; less is more.

I hope this helps.