Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning kit for time @ SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead of mobile detailers I wish tesla just put trash cans at SC.
I've found trash cans at Supercharger Stations more often than not; does depend on the host location though.

I carry some waterless wash and micro fiber towels to remove bugs when I get a chance. I don't get to wash my car very often because it is dirty by the next day, given where I live. It is a transportation tool not a showpiece; I'll keep it looking halfway decent if I can but that's the extent of it. It does get washed more often than my previous cars.

I also carry a squeegee and bucket for the windshield. Can't really use it at Supercharger Stations unless I have access to water or use up some of the drinking water I bring with me, but it is helpful at my road trip destinations. Also have a micro fiber towel for the touch screen and a duster for the IC and dash. I live on a dirt road so dust (and mud) is just part of life. The peace and quiet plus spectacular mountain vistas are worth more to me than a clean car.

Instead of mobile detailers I wish tesla just put trash cans at SC.
You mean my neighboring Tesla charging port isn't for trash?

53687374.jpg

Got my kit yesterday in the mail. Thanks to Robert for reaching out and the great CS. Top notch. I will be going camping this weekend so this will be a perfect test to use this product after the weekend. Will post up some pics and my thoughts on it. Thanks again and look forward to using it.
image.jpg

Got my kit yesterday in the mail. Thanks to Robert for reaching out and the great CS. Top notch. I will be going camping this weekend so this will be a perfect test to use this product after the weekend. Will post up some pics and my thoughts on it. Thanks again and look forward to using it. View attachment 189727

I am so happy it reached you in time! This will definitely be a great opportunity to use it. If you need anything I am an Email away.

Robert

Ok. So small review. I am comparing to the chemical guys eco wash which is what I used most often. Finally get time to post it up. At first glance, mixing the 1:15 seemed like it was too much water. the concentrate looks to be very watery, but once mixed and sprayed, it is very slick. Love how easy it goes on and more importantly comes off. It cleans very well and leaves a super slick finish. It feels akin to having just washed and clayed the car(mind you my car has been clayed so felt smooth before). The smell is great and I overall recommend using this product. To do my whole tesla after going camping I used two bottles worth. This is more because I was very heavy saturating the areas with all the bugs. With just a cleaning I can see using much less but thats just my preference. Again it went on really clean and came off really easy. Literally just wipe. No buffing off any residue even on the windows which its one knock I have on the eco wash. I didnt use the reload because i wanted to see the durability of the product compared to the ecowash. I have been on it two weeks and it still feeling very slick and I get somewhat of a bead when it gets wet. I will be using it again this weekend as we got some of that rain where it doesnt really rain hard but just enough to dirty up your car, This time I will top it with reload.

The only thing I wasn't too crazy about with the kit is the microfiber towels. They are good towels, very plush and soft, I just hated how fast and easy it was to saturate them to the point where you need to switch off.

Overall, great product, great CS, and I will definitely be buying some more once I run out. From the looks of it with one 160z bottle of concentrate, you can wash your car at least 16-20 times no problem. I recommend it to anyone who likes using waterless, and this thread looking for a small kit for SC stops.

Below are some before and after pics. These pictures dont do it justice but it helps to see it somewhat.

Before:
2016-08-23 18.14.24.jpg
2016-08-23 18.14.29.jpg
2016-08-23 18.16.22.jpg
2016-08-23 18.16.26.jpg
2016-08-23 18.16.30.jpg
2016-08-23 18.16.11.jpg
2016-08-23 18.14.20.jpg
2016-08-23 18.16.18.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-08-23 18.14.14.jpg
    2016-08-23 18.14.14.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 2016-08-23 18.14.24.jpg
    2016-08-23 18.14.24.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 2016-08-23 18.14.20.jpg
    2016-08-23 18.14.20.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 2016-08-23 18.14.29.jpg
    2016-08-23 18.14.29.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: EliteFinish

CMAN8!!!!!!

Thank you for such detailed pictures and review, I will pass this information along. Regarding the towel issue, I think you will find the longer you use the product the more comfortable you will get with it, Most of our WashMist users including myself years ago thought I needed a TON of spray to wash. Its very common. As I used it over and over I learned how to break the towel in 8's and still use 2 towels per wash now. Good thing is a full kit gets 10 Towels. Again thank you so very much for honest feedback. It was an absolute privilege to work with you.