Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning Model 3 Performance Uberturbine Wheels & Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I’m taking delivery of a White Tesla Model 3 Performance later this month and have started buying a few bits and bobs in preparation. I was about to buy some Bilt-Hamber Auto Wheel cleaner but saw a couple of reviews which stated it had damaged their alloys so thought I’d ask what M3P owners use to clean their wheels.

I’d also be interested to hear what cleaning products people use for the interior.

Thanks in anticipation.

Interior is easy to clean too. It's not leather so don't head down that route. Some swear by baby wipes, not having them in the house I just use a mild mixture of a general purpose cleaner like you might find in the kitchen, a bleach free one, on a microfibre towel.

If you're using your brakes a lot in the car you're doing EVs wrong :p

I keep a pack of baby wipes in the centre console, but besides that there isn't really an awful lot you need to do. As said the interior isn't leather so leather sealants et al are mostly a waste of time. There might be some mileage in applying some kind of protectorant, though, if only to make wiping spills easier?

I was about to buy some Bilt-Hamber Auto Wheel cleaner but saw a couple of reviews which stated it had damaged their alloys
Not heard about this and I’ve not had problems myself on other cars I’ve owned. It is safer than the normal acid based cleaners.

It probably depends on how often you use the product. You aren‘t going to need it more than a couple of times a year unless you are tracking your car as the mechanical brakes won’t get used much which is the main reason you would use a fallout cleaner. Just polish and wax the wheels so normal dirt can be easily washed off.

Hi all, I’m taking delivery of a White Tesla Model 3 Performance later this month and have started buying a few bits and bobs in preparation. I was about to buy some Bilt-Hamber Auto Wheel cleaner but saw a couple of reviews which stated it had damaged their alloys so thought I’d ask what M3P owners use to clean their wheels.

I’d also be interested to hear what cleaning products people use for the interior.

Thanks in anticipation.
Normal car wash products (for bodywork) are sufficient ... highly unlikely that you will have stubborn deposits for the reasons in other posts. I suggest you just see how it goes.