Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning outside and inside window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use Windex !

The inside of the front windshield needs to be thoroughly cleaned, I noticed that there was the trace of four rectangular spots
when there was a little bit of fog inside the car. Those must been the left over of a robot holding the front windshield during installation.

My favorite auto glass cleaner. It works really well, is safe for tinted windows, and is a tremendous value. This is a concentrate. You mix with water in a ratio of 10:1. So 1 gallon of this stuff makes 11 gallons of glass cleaner. Plus, it smells like grape soda!

610lBd0RLoL._SL1200_.jpg

• Love
Reactions: RB88
I clean car windows for a living, and it's the number one question I get day after day...
here's the thing, the cleaner itself is the LEAST important aspect of getting crystal-clear streak-free windows every time.
I use OCNR because it's safe on everything on a car (and you!) and we already use it for so many other things while detailing.
Just use the two-rag method and work in small sections, especially if it's warm outside or you're in the direct sun.

I clean car windows for a living, and it's the number one question I get day after day...
here's the thing, the cleaner itself is the LEAST important aspect of getting crystal-clear streak-free windows every time.
I use OCNR because it's safe on everything on a car (and you!) and we already use it for so many other things while detailing.
Just use the two-rag method and work in small sections, especially if it's warm outside or you're in the direct sun.

So true. I used to do detailing on the side and you can never have too many rags.

some nice tips and product suggestions, I had a pain getting my window clean on the inside and it turned out to be the plastic dashboard off-gassing and leaving a film on the glass. I cleaned if with alcohol and also windex quite a few times and after about a year it doesn't really do that anymore. I did go with an exterior silicone window coating but have only gone thru the trouble of applying it a couple of times. good luck!

Wondering if there are any good coating for the windows exterior.

Anyone tried those cereamic coating for glass from amazon?
I've tested countless glass ceramic coatings, both consumer grade and professional grade. My opinion is either go cheap with something like Rain-X and expect to reapply it often, or get the best which is Glassparency (only installed by professionals but comes with a 3 year warranty.)

What blade do you use?
I’m using Bosch icon, not good enough. Around freezing temp with wet snow, it ok but not perfect.

my model 3 has some haze. Maybes I need to do a deep clean. Autoglym glass polish didn’t do the trick. I’ll try alcohol later